cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers barred

Walkerchris15
Joining in

Why does my mobile phone say calls to this number barred when it’s in my contacts ?, how do I resolve ?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update - solved it. iPhone - turn off dial assist. So simple. Got to love technology.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

59 REPLIES 59

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Walkerchris15,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with making calls, have you checked things via your account? You can check this here

What kind of numbers are you having the issue with? Have you tested the numbers from a different phone?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex, not all numbers just certain ones, tried ringing that number via WhatsApp and it worked but wouldn’t through normal contacts mobile 

thank you

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What make and model of phone?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, iPhone X, only barred certain mobile numbers  

thank you 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may be to do with the way the iPhone is treating some numbers. It's a long ongoing saga

Try this and let us know it it works

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi, no that hasn’t worked, still sane message calls to this number are barred ??

Thank you

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK worth a try.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Walkerchris15, thanks for keeping us updated on this.

Have you tried removing/re-dding the problematic numbers? I'd also recommend trying to format it slightly differently - for example, if there's a +44 at the start of the number try removing that and replacing it with a zero - or vice-versa. 

Tom

Hi Tom, have tried those options and hasn’t worked that was my first option !!!, so frustrating

thank you