cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number swap

Shell0910
Joining in

My 2 children were with O2 until 2 months ago when I got them virgin sims. We kept their numbers and swapping them over was easy. 

My phone then had an update a couple of weeks ago and now their numbers are coming up as the virgin numbers before we swapped them. I can call & text them on their number (the O2 number) but when they contact me it comes up with the virgin number which they only had for less than 24 hours. 

How do I rectify this issue? I have tried deleting chats and contacts and putting them back which hasn't worked.

Has anyone else experienced this?

14 REPLIES 14

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Shell0910,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing issues which which number is showing up when you contact your Kids, what phones do you all have?

Regards

Paul.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do they have iPhones? If so they may need to update their number on the phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They both have a Sony L4 and I have a galaxy s20. The issue started when my phone was updated and their numbers are still coming up correct on everyone else's phones so I am assuming the issue is with my phone/update.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Shell0910

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Is this issue only on your phone? What happens if your children call each other, are the numbers correct?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes their numbers come up correct for everyone else and themselves.

It makes me think the issue is my phone but it's just completely confused me and I dont know where to start or who to contact.

I see, this doesn't seem to be any issue to do with ourselves then and could be a handset issue. What device are you using? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Thats what I thought, its a Samsung galaxy s20.

I see, have you tried deleting them as contacts and saving as the new numbers? Do they come through correct then?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I have tried that and they still come through wrong.