cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting not resolved!

Tapstick
Tuning in

I'm having a ridiculous amount of trouble getting my number ported to VirginMobile, and the support sequence is utterly inadequate. Has anyone else had similar? or got and helpful ideas, because VM staff seem utterly incapabale of solving the issue.

I ported a number in to VM 10 days ago. Port happened within 24 hours and I received text messages as good to go. But...When I dialled out on the new VM SIM it came up as the original SIM number, not the ported number. If I tried to call that number back, it's unobtainable. The ported number cannot be reached either. SMS and Data work fine.

So I called teh support line and they fiddled and asked questions about changing settings in the phone, none of which made any difference. In the end it was escalated to the technical team and I was sent a new SIM.

New SIM arrives, and I have exactly the same issues after activating it. I called support aain, to be told that the 'ticket' has not been closed and it might take 5 working days.

5 working days later, I receive sms messages from VM saying it's resolved, but it's not, nothing has changed. Another call to suport has me going through all te settings trials again, none of which work. And finally a transfer to Technical again, who managed to cut me off while trying to phone the faulty number!

Please, does anyone have any ideas that are wiser then the VM tech idiots? I'm contactable by phone at the moment!

8 REPLIES 8

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tapstick,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry for the poor experience and the number port. I will pop you a PM now so we can take some details and look into this further for you.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Ayisha - I've responded to the PM, but I really don't hold out much hope. I've provided those details 4 times over the phone now, and two things happen:

1st, I am told that the port was successful on 12th. It was not.

2nd, I am told that it will be escalated and the Technical Team will fix it. They do not.

Please do not repeat this cycle.

Sorry to hear you have experienced this @Tapstick.

Our team will do our best to help regarding this. Please continue to engage with our team via PM.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

have you tryed it via the site mine worked on transfering my number and make sure you get the pac code right in one go if not it will fail to transfer the number/replace the number if you get some of it wrong it will fail again and again try there virgin moblie site to use the pac code do it before 3pm you get it the next day on the transfer date they do your incoming calls then your outgoing calls mine took nearly full day to get a text from them saying your set up

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Thanks David,

unfortunately I cannot run through your suggestion because I've already used the PAC code. The system believes the porting has happened, so the website won't let me do any more. Good plan though!

Well, I've given up. Another call today where I was told that the transfer had happened on 12th August, another confirmation that a ticket has been raised with the technical team, and no actual progress.

I've had no phone for nearly two weeks and have been relying on 3's PAYG sim for essential calls. I'll be claiming that expense from VM.

As VM are not satisfying their end of the contract I've requested a PAC and will be returning to 3, who offer excellent service and coverage at very reasonable prices. And I'll never try Virgin Mobile again - there's plenty of other choice.

this has happened before with virgin moblie failing to port numbers from other networks i bet it can be hold from your old provider this can happen but its not hard to get bar removed from the old provider if you are registed to have a bar to keep your number with them or can be lost in a system some place i say ring up your old provider and find out if its still with them if it is get a new pac code for that number now providers run the same if the number is transfered it would of canceled the contract if its failed your contract will be still actice with the last provder with your number still there i will ring up and get a new pac code for that number

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Hi there @Tapstick

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see this issue is still ongoing! We are still awaiting a resolution from our teams in regards to this but we have sent another email to chase this! 

We will update you as soon as we have some further information. 

Thank you.