cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported from o2 but when I text out it’s coming up a different number

Rodg1012
Joining in

Number ported from o2 but when I text out it’s coming up a different number for my contacts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rodg1012

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your number port. May I ask when you ported the number from O2? It can take up to 24 hours for everything to register through the various systems.

Best wishes,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rodg1012

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your number port. May I ask when you ported the number from O2? It can take up to 24 hours for everything to register through the various systems.

Best wishes,

Serena

Great news - we're all done switching, so you're free to get stuck in. Make the most of your mobile at virginmedia.com/mobilewelcome. Welcome aboard! That was Tuesday 15th March 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rodg1012

Thank you for the details. Can you try rebooting your handset for me and let me know if the texts are still showing as from a different number for your contacts?

Can you try calling a friend and asking what number is displayed for them when you call?

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

i have rebooted my handset when I call someone it’s ok it’s only when I text out that is shows a different number. 

Hi Serena,

can anyone help with this please? 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rodg1012

Thanks for letting me know, I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue when texting. Is this happening to every person you send a text message to?

Please note our Community Help Forums are not an instant messaging service, we will do our best to respond as soon as possible but it can take up to 1 - 2 days to receive a response.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

Thanks for getting back yes it’s happening to everyone I text. 

Hi Rodg1012

We may have to look at this in a bit more detail

I would need to pass security first to gain account access

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth ok I have done that