cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferred

Essexboy73
Joining in

Hi, my wife recently purchased a new phone and contract with Virgin Mobile, during the purchasing process I entered my PAC code to transfer my old number from EE onto my new contract.

It however should have transferred on Monday the 10th but still has not the old EE contract has now been shut down on the 10th but the number is not in use on the new phone as you can appreciate keeping the old number is a massive thing and a hell of a lot less messing around giving out the new number this is one of the reasons she joined but may have to cancel if it cannot be done 

Can anyone help? Is there a way to check to see if this is actually still being processed or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then EE would have disconnected as the system would have indicated the transfer had taken place

I suspect the ball is firmly in Virgin's court.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Essexboy73,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with porting your number.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Turn, sorry to hear you are having the same issue.

We will need to get some more information from you so we can look into this further. I will send you a PM, if you can look out for this in the top right corner of the page. 

All the best. 

Molly

Mate if it the same answer i got which effectively was tough luck i would have to contact my old provider even though we did everything virgin asked and also EE  this is the message i got almost make me want to cancel the contract all together 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

But you will need to go back to your old provider and request them to reactivate your line, then we can request the port over.

The number got disconnected on the 10th and the port was requested on the 10th, this is why it has not worked.

Many thanks,

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Essexboy73 wrote:

Mate if it the same answer i got which effectively was tough luck i would have to contact my old provider even though we did everything virgin asked and also EE  this is the message i got almost make me want to cancel the contract all together 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

But you will need to go back to your old provider and request them to reactivate your line, then we can request the port over.

The number got disconnected on the 10th and the port was requested on the 10th, this is why it has not worked.

Many thanks,

Unless you disconnected your EE account yourself that should not have happened. Usually the donor account continues until the point of the transfer taking place.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

No just asked for the PAC Code got it sent over put it in on the account before the phone had been delivered spoke to virgin the following day they said it had all been put through on the friday and would be done on the Monday come Tuesday morning still hadnt changed asked the question on here and that was the response i got after waiting on the the phone for 2 hours then at least i got a reply on here 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then EE would have disconnected as the system would have indicated the transfer had taken place

I suspect the ball is firmly in Virgin's court.