cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferred on iPhone

thematia
Joining in

Hi there, I transferred my mobile number with the PAC code and on my Virgin account my number is the correct, but my phone is saying that this number is expiring and will be using a new number associated with my phone.

Had all my messages from Virgin Mobile saying that my phone is done switching. I don't want my number to expire so would like some extra assistance please!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @thematia, thanks for the update. I'm glad to see your correct number is now showing.

In regards to the issues with iMessage and Facetime I would recommend switching iMessage off in the phone settings, then do another network reset. Once this is done it would be best to switch iMessage on again.

Let me know how this goes.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @thematia,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forum!

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing a notification advising of a number expiring. Sometimes, this happens when a setting on your phone contains the temporary number given before your PAC Code is processed. I've taken a look at things on our end, and there is no indication of your new number expiring.

Can you please confirm which device you have, so we can do our best to assist further?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks @reece_MH.

I have an iPhone SE (1st gen).

When I go to Settings>Phone>My Number - the temporary one shows (ending in 094). The number I want, and which seems to be associated with my account, ends in 988. I cannot change this number, but I have tried. 

Thanks,

Matt

What happens when you try changing the number via settings Matt?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha_B, thanks for your reply

As stated above, I have already tried changing it and it will not let me change the number that came with the sim.

thanks,

Matt

I appreciate that but what actually happens when you try changing the number?

Is it greyed out? Do you get any error? Does it revert back to the temporary number?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks very much @Ayisha_B.

I am able to delete the number, so I delete and then type in my old number that I want to keep, press save, then it just reverts back to the temporary number.

Matt

Okay, so there's no issues with your number here as its been ported across but if it's not being associated with your iPhone try the following:

-Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages).
-Turn your phone OFF for at least 10 minutes.
-Turn your phone ON and tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
-If it’s not correct, please enter the correct number.
-Turn iMessage back to ON (Settings > Messages).
-Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

If that fails, try doing a Network Reset.

Let me know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hello Ayisha,

I am having the exact same problem as this. I tried following the steps you suggested but it has not worked and ‘my number’ still shows as the temporary one, reverting even after I try to change and save it. I had all the emails confirming the transfer etc. as this person did, but the number showing as mine on my iPhone 12 mini will not remain changed.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by doing a network reset, other than disconnecting from Virgin and reconnecting. Any advice as to what to do next would be great as I don’t want to lose my number!

Thanks,

Danny

Hi there @Danielpharrison, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are also having issues with the incorrect number showing. The Network Reset would be going into Settings>General>Reset> Reset Network Settings Only.

Once this has been done please try changing the number again.

Let me know how this gets on.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules