cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number has not been transferred despite confirmation text

rodger1dodger
Joining in

I just started a new Virgin Mobile contract. I want to transfer my old number over. I submitted the PAC and a few days later got confirmation that my old number had been transferred. 

Except the transfer has not happened. And finding anyone to contact turns out to be hard. Not a great first impression.

Any idea how to get the number actually transferred?

15 REPLIES 15

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @rodger1dodger,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues with your PAC code.

When did you request the Port? What phone do you have? Are messages / calls to the ported number through?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

The PAC was from a previous provider and came through fine. 

The phone is using the temporary Virgin number that came with the SIM. I got a text from Virgin Mobile yesterday (26 April) saying the transfer was completed and my old number had been ported over. 

But it hasn't been completed. The phone/SIM still uses the temporary number. It's an iPhone SE.

Thanks!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me @rodger1dodger.

Have you updated your number on your settings? Also is the Virgin temp number showing to the people who also have iPhones?  You should be able to update the contact details from the settings, let me know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Hayley.

The number the phone says it has in its Settings/Device Info is the wrong one. That's not an editable item...

The number that appears to other people is the wrong one. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Have you restarted your phone since the port over was completed @rodger1dodger

Has the previous provider confirmed anything regarding this also?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign out of your Apple ID and switch off the phone for a couple of minutes

Switch the phone back on and re sign into your Apple ID. and see what happens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks,enlli 

Tried but no luck. The phone still has the "temporary" number, not the number that was supposed to be ported over.

Hi Hayley,

Yes, many restarts, and logging in and out of Apple services.

Not sure what the old provider could say here? They provided the PAC. 

When I log into my Virgin Mobile account there's a message saying the old number has been ported over, but it hasn't been. Simple as that.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it possible to try the SIM in another phone? Preferably not an iPhone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks