cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting Problem

Steve_BN
Joining in

I was given a Samsung Galaxy A20e as a present and it was suggested I open an account with Virgin.

All was well until I ported over my old number from EE. I could text and call out but could not receive either. I went on the online help and after a lot of faffing about they decided to send me a new SIM card.

The new SIM card had the same result so I went back on the online help, after a lot of faffing about they decided to send me a new SIM card. Now I can't even text or call out.

The Virgin troubleshooter pages suggest there can be problems when number porting but the online help didn't bother with that, I guess it was easier just to send endless new SIM cards. I have lodged an online complaint and suggested that if they can't fix the problem, then just issue me with a new number.

It can take 28 days to address the complaint so I am now paying for nothing, having paid two months already.

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sending a new SIM gets you out of their hair for a few days and the operative gets credit for closing a call.

Obviously the port has gone wrong

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ashpole
Superfast
I had a similar problem after moving from 3. Took three weeks to fix but unfortunately was followed by a string of other issues to do with VM’s Belgian SIMs (I always want to type Belgian Buns!). I lasted 76 days before throwing in the towel and paying the exit fee.

I lodged a complaint claiming back my exit fee, but I got back nothing but totally garbage, they could not understand my problem!

Good luck.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Steve_BN,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's been some issues with your porting.

So I can take a closer look I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Steve_BN
Joining in

So I'm into month three of my contract, still without a functional phone.

I do however have a response to my complaint:

"Here's what we offer as a resolution:

Technical>technical guidance provided - We hope this works for you."

Brilliant - if anyone can tell me how this helps then please let me know...

I still looking for the help section on how I complain about the complaints department!