cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now virgin is with O² my signal is poor

Foorsake
Tuning in

Can I cancel my contract mid term. I only signed up because EE was known to have a good signal here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

As DJ_Shadow1966 has already advised, nothing in regards to your Virgin Media, Virgin Mobile or O2 services are changing. This may change in the future but at this time all of the services will continue to be managed and maintained the same as before.

We will release any updates here as and when they become available or you can update your marketing preferences via your online account to be kept up to date automatically.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Richw1982
Rising star

Virgin Mobile still uses EE unfortunately, probably the country's worst network and the reason I don't use Virgin mobile.  It uses Vodaphone for 5G

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

As from today, virgin mobile uses O2 not EE. They were using EE when I joined 

cje85
Trouble shooter

Virgin has merged with O2 but the mobile service is moving from EE to Vodafone. This is because Virgin signed a 5 year agreement with Vodafone before merging with O2. Virgin Mobile won't be using O2 until about 2025.

Are all mobile services from Virgin Media now delivered on the O2 network?
No. If you’re an existing Mobile customer with Virgin Media, your mobile service will continue to be delivered by Virgin Media using the EE or Vodafone network. You may be able to transfer to an O2 service in the future.

No, they have merged with O2 as a company.  It will take years to move the mobile infrastructure across, its not as easy as flicking a switch.  More likely to be a fault in your area

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Luke198824
On our wavelength

I thought virgin mobile was using the o2 single marsks and not EE from the 1 of June. 

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

As per this - https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/virgin-media-o2/#VMO2faqs

Are all mobile services from Virgin Media now delivered on the O2 network?
No. If you’re an existing Mobile customer with Virgin Media, your mobile service will continue to be delivered by Virgin Media using the EE or Vodafone network. You may be able to transfer to an O2 service in the future.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello,

As DJ_Shadow1966 has already advised, nothing in regards to your Virgin Media, Virgin Mobile or O2 services are changing. This may change in the future but at this time all of the services will continue to be managed and maintained the same as before.

We will release any updates here as and when they become available or you can update your marketing preferences via your online account to be kept up to date automatically.

Rob

Snap63
On our wavelength

Since Virgin Mobile switched from EE, my elderly mother (84 years old) cannot receive the majority of my texts for days at a time, very worrying (she is deaf so we rely on sms as she is disabled). My cousin was in hospital in Sheffield after a heart attack last week, my phone was fine when I visited (EE) but hers on Virgin (Vodaphone now?) was in a black hole with no signal most of the time for 5 days!! Just WHAT IS GOING ON??!!

Hi Snap63,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Firstly we would like to apologise that you mum was unable to get a signal at a time when your cousin was in hospital, we can understand the concern this must have caused you all.

Can we ask what make and model handset your mother is using? Also is you mum able to make and receive calls as normal, or is the issues with calls as well as text messages?

Is the delay in text just from your number or is it any number?

We have included our network coverage checker here so you can see what coverage your mum has with us.

One last thing you may like to try for you mum is rebooting the handset, if you have not done this already. Also try her sim card in another handset to see if the same problem happens.

Kind regards Jodi.