Menu
Ej147
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Notification delay

I’ve recently just joined virgin mobile. I’m having issues with receiving iMessages and text messages through my phone on my cellular data, as well as my phone not coming through as a call and goes straight to a missed call on my phone screen. 
when I receive a notification for the first time on my phone it will come up with 10 minutes ago and loads of notifications will come flooding in and my service is fine. I sometimes have to double text to kick start messages coming through 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notification delay

This seems a common complaint. 

A search for Notification Delays brings up a number of threads although it has gone quiet recently.

Sorry I haven't got an answer.

Have to see what the team says.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ej147

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Apologies that you're having issues with our mobile services. We know how frustrating this can be especially when you are getting missed calls.

When you're having these issues, is it in one particular area or anywhere you go? Also is it only one number that you are having this issue with or several contact numbers?

You could try changing from 4G to 3G and see if this makes a difference?

Try the above and ciome back to us if you need further assistance.

Thanks Jodi

0 Kudos
Ej147
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s doing it with different numbers and it’s when my phone is on both 4g and 3G in all different areas. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Ej147

This is very strange why this is happening? Have you been able to try your sim card in another handset?

Thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Ej147
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I tried it with my old iPhone 8 Plus to see if the phone was faulty and it was still doing the same things

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying Ej147

As you have tried all the above diagnostics and are still no further along we will need to get this investigated for you.

I will pop you over a private message, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Jodi.

0 Kudos