cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered to network

Micheleboulton
Tuning in

Suddenly for no reason i am unable to make outgoing calls. 

I have taken sim card out, rubbed it and put back into phone.

I have manually searched and tried to connect to Virgin network via the settings but this is not working.  

I have checked service status and it states no issues in my postcode area.

Please can you help?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Micheleboulton,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're currently unable to make any outgoing calls from your mobile phone.

Can we ask if this is affecting every call or just certain numbers? Are you able to send text messages as normal and use your mobile data as normal?

You advised that you have removed your sim card, cleaned it and placed it back in your handset, can we ask if you've been able to try the sim card in an alternative handset at all? This way we can eliminate it's not the sim causing the issue. 

We have included a link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile

If you still require further help after trying the above, please come back to us. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi

Thanks for suggestions.  I dont have an alternative handset to try the sim in, sorry.  I cannot make any calls.  I dial the numbers and there is no ringing out tone at all, ive tried mobile and landline numbers.  What comes up is 'not registered to network'. No one can ring me as it states 'person not available'

I cannot send text messages - again auto response message says something about  network. I cannot receive texts either.

Ive tried to set the carrier to Virgin but again it wont connect by doing it manually or selecting the auto option.

Wifi is working and it seems that email messages are coming through ok

I have powered down and switched back on with no joy.

Ive checked my 'Do not disturb' and this is not set.

Thanks

Many thanks for coming back to us Micheleboulton,

We understand that you're unable to try another handset which is not an issue. We appreciate you trying several other diagnostics, unfortunately to no avail.

Due to this issue, I am going to pop you over a private message as the next step would be to send you a new sim card, just so we can make sure it's not the sim causing the issue.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Micheleboulton,

Thanks for the private message. We have now ordered your new sim card which will arrive by Royal mail in the next 3-5 working days.

You have 31 days to activate your new sim card.

Please read the letter carefully, if you have any queries, please post back on here.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi

Will you cancel the sim....ive just been amazed - my phone has just rung AND i have been able to ring them back.!!!    I havent a clue whats changed but it seems to be now working?

Thanks very much for your help 

Michele

Great news this is now working for you Micheleboulton,

We're glad to hear your phone is now working for you.

I have responded privately.

Kind regards Jodi.