cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on sim restart phone

Matt0891
Joining in

I have transferred my number from 3 to virgin mobile. I have a Samsung J6 phone which was working fine with the 3 sim apart from poor signal issues which convince me to switch to virgin mobile.

Since using the virgin sim the phone is intermitently popping up a forced message asking for a reset as a new sim has been inserted.

I have reset the network settings. I am being told by customer service I may need a new handset, I dont understand how the handset is the issue when the problem didnt occur with 3.

18 REPLIES 18

Hi 

I have cleaned the tray. I have replaced the sim today for another virgin Sim. I am getting the same issues. I notice it occurs when the phone loses signal and goes in "emergency calls only" mode. A message then comes up on the phone that says New sim inserted restart phone. This does not happen with other network providers.

I am tempted to go to ofcom and file a complaint as I am not getting the level of service expected. There is clearly an issue with virgin mobile.

Hi @Matt0891,

From what you've explained, due to the SIM card working in another handset, the issue does not lie with the SIM card or the network. If it did, that SIM card would replicate the same problem in whatever handset you placed it in.

Is the handset damaged at all from what you can see?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

Im able to use another network sim with no issues. This issue never occurred with 3.

The phone its self is in good condition with no knocks or seeable damage. 

Hi @Matt0891,

I understand, but if the SIM card and network works fine in another handset then the SIM and network won't be at fault as the fault would replicate regardless of handset. If the issue only happens in that handset then it's likely that the handset itself is at fault and struggling to recognise the SIM card and/or network.

Can you confirm roughly when you purchased the handset and where/who you purchased it from?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I purchased the phone through Amazon on the 13th December 2018.

The link to the indentical phone is below

Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 32 GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone, Black, UK Version https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FJ36KLG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_i_QSV04NQ2SDY69ZTTVJGM?_encoding=UTF8...

Thanks for confirming.
Have you been able to perform a factory reset on the handset yet? If not please make sure you back up your device before doing so as you will lose anything saved on your phone.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

I just completed a factory reset and the message is still appearing

If I put my phone on flight mode the message doesn't come up

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Matt0891

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How are you getting on today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs