cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on sim restart phone

Matt0891
Joining in

I have transferred my number from 3 to virgin mobile. I have a Samsung J6 phone which was working fine with the 3 sim apart from poor signal issues which convince me to switch to virgin mobile.

Since using the virgin sim the phone is intermitently popping up a forced message asking for a reset as a new sim has been inserted.

I have reset the network settings. I am being told by customer service I may need a new handset, I dont understand how the handset is the issue when the problem didnt occur with 3.

18 REPLIES 18

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Matt0891,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing issues with your Samsung J3 handset since switching to us from Three, are you able to try the Sim in another handset to see if the same occurs?

Regards

Paul.

Its a samsung J6. 

I am unable to use my Sim in another phone as this is the only mobile I own which is unlocked to all networks. 

The issue occurs randomly. The issue never occurred with the 3 Sim inserted so that rules out the handset being the issue.

It may be down to the age of the phone, if you are able to try in another phone, may a partners or friends, this will help rule out the SIM/ Phone being at fault?

Regards

Paul.

The model is a Samsung J6 2018 

Hi Matt0891 ,

I understand it isn't an old phone and was working with your previous provider however this doesn't mean an issue hasn't occurred after or there are other issues with the phone not working correctly with the SIM, have you tried factory resetting the phone first, you can back up all the information Via your Google account first?

Regards

'Paul.

I put the sim in a friends phone and they are getting 5G and the message doesnt appear. 

Why does this sim not work with the phone when previously another network did with no technical issues. I notice it happens after the phone regains signal after losing signal.

Thanks for coming back to us. Are you able to try your friends SIM in your phone?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I put my friends SIM card in and did not experience any issue

I appreciate that your friend's SIM does appear to be working in your handset, however from what you've said it does sound like a probable issue with your handset. This is due to the fact that you've mentioned that you were experiencing signal issues with the previous SIM and that your handset now seems to randomly acknowledge your new SIM card inserted at random times. This could indicate a possible issue with the phone SIM card reader.

Have you been able to check the SIM card tray and inside the SIM slot to see if there is any dust or anything that could be causing any issues?

Thanks

Beth

Beth