cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

Warbo62
Joining in

Keep getting a notification that I am not registered on the network, started a week ago.

Contacted Virgin several times, they say my phone settings are wrong but my wife’s sim works on my phone. They have sent me 2 new SIM cards. Neither worked in my phone or two other phones that I know 100% are working fine.

Fed up now, thinking of cancelling my contract, but reluctant to pay for something that doesn’t work.

8 REPLIES 8

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Warbo62,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with your sim card. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. I have been able to access your account and I can see you have recently contacted our team regarding this and had a sim replacement sent out days ago. Have you received the new sim? If so does the issue still persist? Do you get the same problem? If so are you able to send a screenshot of the error message so we can better understand and assist?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I have recieved 2 new SIM cards, neither of which work in any of the phones we have.A2A13723-5013-4903-98CE-DED43705DC11.jpeg

Thank you for the screenshot @Warbo62.

In this case, please try the following link and let me know if it helps with the sim https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/activate-virgin-mobile-sim Also are you able to confirm what handsets you are currently using?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

We are both using Samsung S10’s, also tried an IPhone 8. None worked with SIM cards supplied.

In this case are you able to try registering on another network then coming back to our network to see if the issue is resolved?

You can do this via settings - > connections - > mobile networks - > network operators - > search networks (or very similar).

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Tried that link, nothing happened. Never been asked to enter a pin code for either new sim. All this trouble started on the day my revised tariff was supposed to start.

I have tried this several times. None of the networks listed as available on my device will let me connect. All say network unavailable.

How strange @Warbo62.

In this case, to further look into this I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team