cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network message

Jennyramsay
Joining in

Can't make calls or send texts. Keep getting "not registered on network" message.

Gone through all the suggested steps on advice sites including manual search for networks, restarting phone, taking out sim, restarting, reset, etc.

On manual sesrch, even if it comes up with Virgin, it won't register - just says try again later. I have tried this in different places to check that its not weak signal. Please help - I need to use my phone! Phone  is Galaxy Samsung A21s.

5 REPLIES 5

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jennyramsay,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂 

I am sorry you are having service issues.

I have managed to locate your account and can see you have has a new sim sent out, have you received this? 

Has anything changed, have you got a new handset? 

Zoie

I am an existing Virgin Mobile customer. I have bought a new Samsung phone and put my old SIM in it. I cannot connect/register with Virgin Mobile. I ordered a new SIM did all the steps to activate SIM - same problem. When I select VIrgin on the network operators list, it says registering on network, then cannot connect, try later. Never works how ever many times I try. I cannot make calls or  texts or receive them. I have been through all the steps suggested on internet like updating and resetting. I have had this problem for two weeks now. Tried the forum - I see lots of people have this problem but can't see the solution. If I do not fix this today I am going to stop my Virgin account (I pay monthly) and set up one with Vodafone as I tried a Vodafone SIM and it worked. Please help

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jenny, 

Thanks for your reply, 

I am sorry for any issues, was the phone new and unlocked If a Vodafone sim worked it could be the handset? Did the sim work beforehand?

Have you tried the sim in a different device?

I can see the sim was activated and all services are active, have you tried manually selecting the network?
Zoie

Phone is new and unlocked

Have tried new SIM in old phone but doesn't allow me to send texts or call

I have manually selected Virgin over and over again and it says not registered on network when I try to make a call

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jenny, 

Just to confirm is this the old or the new SIM you have tried in your old handset?

Zoie