cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving texts through Wifi Calling

doubter
On our wavelength

I live in an area with no mobile signal. I have recently turned on WiFi calling and can now make and receive mobile phone calls at home. I can send text messages. Unfortunately, I am not receiving text messages sent to me, and those that I know have been sent do not appear when I later enter an area where I get a Virgin Mobile signal. 

My internet is provided by BT. I am using a 4G sim.

Is there a setting that I need to change?

118 REPLIES 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message from Monday:

Thanks for providing that information our IT team will look into the dates and times which you have provided and let us know on the outcome, Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Chris

... and I duly provided the information!

I too have the same issue. I have an iPhone. When WiFi call is off, and I’m near a signal, I can send and receive SMS texts. When WiFi calling on, and am at home where there’s no signal, I can not send, nor receive texts. Thus I have NO way of sending and receiving texts at home so miss out on 2 factor authentication texts, and those from my surgery. I am also not receiving the service paid for. I too have called their customer services who deny all knowledge of a wider issue. Fed up. 

Hi all,

I have spoken with Chris and sadly we do not currently have any further updates on the fix for this issue.

It is currently still under investigation, under the reference: P010428646

We are sorry for the inconvenience and frustration caused. I assure you that our teams are working hard on a resolution but sadly it's not an over night fix.

Thanks for your patience.

Beth

Beth

I can believe that it might not be an overnight fix, but I really do not believe that anyone is working on this problem (certainly not 'working hard'). It is an easy fault to replicate and probably fairly easy to pin down the cause. It needs to be escalated higher up the urgency scale before it will get any attention at all.

Our patience is long spent and we are now resigned to receiving second-rate service from Virgin mobile who obviously don't consider investment in fixing minor faults as a high priority.

bamusbigus
On our wavelength

Thank you for the update, Beth.

Meantime, while resolving the issue, what do Virgin Mobile intend to do regarding the fact that paid for service is not being delivered?

Encouraged by Virgin Mobile's communications to me I entered into a contract with them to upgrade my phone to a model advertised by them that offered the facilities I am now not receiving.

If I enable WiFi calling (because the mobile signal in my home ranges from very poor to non-existent) I run the risk of mssing important text messages.

If I disable WiFi calling my ability you use my mobile phone for calls and text messages is intermittent.

So I am paying for a phone and a service offered by Virgin Mobile that is not delivering what was promised.

What do Virgin Mobile have to say about that?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is currently still under investigation, under the reference: P010428646

We are sorry for the inconvenience and frustration caused. I assure you that our teams are working hard on a resolution but sadly it's not an over night fix.

Going by this thread over 300 nights and counting 🤔

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Abijsmith
On our wavelength

Dear Beth,

will we get compensation for loss of service please? And an ETA regarding the fix?

bamusbigus
On our wavelength

Might be an idea to ask other providers for the solution?

Is anyone else having the issue where they also loose the ability for WiFi calling. It's happening daily now. Turn on my phone first thing, activate WiFi calling as I have no service at home (rural). When I look at my phone the WiFi calling symbol has gone from the top.

Pull the drop down and the symbol has disappeared completely and it states no service.

Only way to solve is to restart the phone and it reappears. Samsung Galaxy S10. Same for.wy wife on her A50.

This needs to be sorted ASAP.

Work calls, OTP codes, software codes and NHS calls......now none existent or hit and miss.

Unfortunately I'm on a 3 year contract which I signed in Sept 19. My wife a 2 year.

If its not sorted soon I'll be ledt with no option but to walk. As said I'm paying for a service that is not being provided. More in, in the current climate it is a massive risk.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dave81 wrote:

Is anyone else having the issue where they also loose the ability for WiFi calling. It's happening daily now. Turn on my phone first thing, activate WiFi calling as I have no service at home (rural). When I look at my phone the WiFi calling symbol has gone from the top.

Pull the drop down and the symbol has disappeared completely and it states no service.

Only way to solve is to restart the phone and it reappears. Samsung Galaxy S10. Same for.wy wife on her A50.

This needs to be sorted ASAP.

Work calls, OTP codes, software codes and NHS calls......now none existent or hit and miss.

Unfortunately I'm on a 3 year contract which I signed in Sept 19. My wife a 2 year..

From each phone 

Text 'INFO' and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 85075 For example: INFO 01/03/1984. 

See what it returns. It should be the cost of termination of the SIM side of your contract. The phone is paid for separately 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks