cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving texts through Wifi Calling

doubter
On our wavelength

I live in an area with no mobile signal. I have recently turned on WiFi calling and can now make and receive mobile phone calls at home. I can send text messages. Unfortunately, I am not receiving text messages sent to me, and those that I know have been sent do not appear when I later enter an area where I get a Virgin Mobile signal. 

My internet is provided by BT. I am using a 4G sim.

Is there a setting that I need to change?

118 REPLIES 118

Recently found that wifi calling is now enabled on my sim and new Pixel 6 Pro.

As with everyone else, wifi calling works fine, but not receiving SMS messages at all on wifi

Sorry to hear you are also affected similarly @scurrell.

Our teams are currently looking into this issue to provide a resolution. As as we hear back, we will update this thread with the news.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You won’t get a resolution. It’s been gone go on for over 2 years. 

I moved to Three. Same phone. No problem at all anymore. 

They are definitely not looking into it. 

doubter
On our wavelength

Wow - I don't know who how what or why, but the text service has started working for me on my phone across wifi. I had given up hope!

Thank you to everyone in this thread for posting and persevering. Hopefully it's fixed for everyone....? Will get my partner to try when he's home.

Thank you Virgin staff for addressing the cause of this problem!

Thanks for the update doubter and glad to hear this has been resolved for yourself, let us know if it has been resolved for your partner also.

Rob

@doubter wrote:

Wow - I don't know who how what or why, but the text service has started working for me on my phone across wifi. I had given up hope!

Thank you to everyone in this thread for posting and persevering. Hopefully it's fixed for everyone....? Will get my partner to try when he's home.

Thank you Virgin staff for addressing the cause of this problem!

Yes it appears to be resolved for me as well.

It would be nice to see a response from VM on here explaining if a change has been made.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know carl_pearce. I've had a search and can't see any updates regarding this recently so possibly it's something that was just resolved quietly without announcement.

I you encounter any more problems please let us know.

Tom

Jess2616
Joining in

I’ve been a customer for a couple of weeks and finally got the phone set up how I like and I’ve been sending text messages but they haven’t been sending I just keep receiving the notification of message failed to send, I’m paying almost £70 a month for a unlimited texts and calls and I can’t even send or receive a text, I’ve been looking on the forum and it states to make sure WiFi calling is disabled which mine is so I’m unsure what the fix for this is?

Hey @Jess2616,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your mobile handset, are you having issues with calling and using mobile data?

Have you spoken to the team about this problem, if so, what have they advised?

Regards,

Steven_L