cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving texts through Wifi Calling

doubter
On our wavelength

I live in an area with no mobile signal. I have recently turned on WiFi calling and can now make and receive mobile phone calls at home. I can send text messages. Unfortunately, I am not receiving text messages sent to me, and those that I know have been sent do not appear when I later enter an area where I get a Virgin Mobile signal. 

My internet is provided by BT. I am using a 4G sim.

Is there a setting that I need to change?

118 REPLIES 118

So finding this really frustrating. Not sure why this is taking so long to fix. I am currently on an area of poor/no signal. Can use WiFi calling for calls but no texts so no banking or gov websites which I need to access. Appears no fix being applied either. Had my virgin number for years.

Just do what I did... move to another provider. I can now send and receive texts via WiFi calling, no problem. This was very important to me, living in the countryside. Virgin simply won’t acknowledge this problem or fix it, so frankly they will lose more customers like me. 

I am still stuck with a phone that doesn't receive text messages through wifi calling. In fact I am not really sure wifi calling is really doing anything at all, since when I do get a call I frequently get cut off unless I move to a spot with better cell service. How close I am to the router seems to make no difference.

Are Virgin able to sort this problem out - or are we just being ignored?

Look at the many comments about this. I don’t think Virgin can, or want, to fix this major, ongoing problem. It’s a shame as they have an otherwise good reputation. I’ve moved to Three, and WiFi calling / texts are now perfect. Same phone. Similar service. Pay slightly less. Now have no inconvenience. I suggest you do the same unless Virgin fix this now. 

Hi Dutchroger1 and Terribletoll,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience and frustration that this issue has caused you both. I can confirm that we are currently investigating the fault with WiFi calling further and collecting examples of customers who are affected, so we can see if there are any patterns between each customer so that we can work towards a resolution.

I am going to send you both over a PM so I can take some details and feed them back to the team who is looking into this.

Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth

Hi Dutchroger1,

Thanks for supplying the requested details via PM. Your details have now been forwarded onto the relevant team.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

doubter
On our wavelength
Hi Beth - I supplied details to Megan and then Corey some weeks ago. Please can you confirm that my details are also with the same 'relevant team'. I was told that my details have been passed to a Mobile Network team and since then, I've not heard any more.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Seems VoLTE also causes problems. 

Running a modern smartphone on Virgin seems like running a Ferrari on bio diesel 😡

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi doubter,

I'll check with both Megan and Corey when they are next on shift to see if they have received any updates 🙂

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

I also have this problem. I have a Galaxy Note 9 and my wife a Galaxy A41 with a 3 sim card. At first I thought the Note 9 was the problem but when I swap cards the problem moves to the phone with the VM card.

I talked at length to the VM technical team when  I began my contract and I will, as others have suggested, now move to Three.