cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving texts through Wifi Calling

doubter
On our wavelength

I live in an area with no mobile signal. I have recently turned on WiFi calling and can now make and receive mobile phone calls at home. I can send text messages. Unfortunately, I am not receiving text messages sent to me, and those that I know have been sent do not appear when I later enter an area where I get a Virgin Mobile signal. 

My internet is provided by BT. I am using a 4G sim.

Is there a setting that I need to change?

118 REPLIES 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to add that after a few days of troubleshooting I'm in the same boat!

I have a Samsung Galaxy A51 5G with two SIMs, VM and Three. The phone was purchased through a VM contract.

• If I send a text from the Three SIM to the VM SIM it doesn't work.
  • If I send a text from another device to the VM SIM it doesn't work.
  • If I send a text from another device to the Three SIM it works.
  • If I send a text from the Three SIM to another device it works.
  • If I send a text from the VM SIM to the Three SIM it works.
  • If I send a text from the VM SIM to another device it works.

As soon as I disable WiFi calling the missing text comes through (A few minutes delay).

Considering this is on the same device there must be an underlying issue somewhere on the VM/EE WiFi calling network.

Any news on this?

I've had to move most of my utilities over to my Three SIM due to this issue (Two-factor authentication using texts).

Cant believe this issue is still ongoing. I had this same problem which was driving me insane with any 2 step verification log in details. I called and spoke to someone at virgin (in October) who advised there was an issue with WiFi calling that was restricting messages coming through. I turned it off, and have not had a problem since although i would like to use the feature when working offshore. 

I presume something has also been disabled in my account from virgins end as the icon on my Samsung Note 10+ 5g has also vanished. Would be ideal to get this fixed so will keep an eye out on this thread for any more info that comes up. 

Hi carl_pearce, thanks for the message. I will send you a private message so that thigs ca be looked at from account level. ^Chris

doubter
On our wavelength

Hi Chris - Thank you for responding to Carl's message on this post. I am also still frustrated by this issue - We have four mobile phones in this household, all on Virgin, and all still unable to receive texts. If you manage to find a solution for Carl, I would appreciate it if you would update all the posters in this thread who still need a solution for this issue.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update this thread so far I've been sent a new SIM which hasn't resolved the issue.

I'll update the thread if/when things progress.

Cannot receive any texts vis WiFi calling. Only works over phone network. 

iphone 11 - VirginMobile

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response, TerribleToll

Have you been able to get this sorted since your post?

Just to confirm is this occurring with standard text or iMessage?

Cheers,

Corey C

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Corey_C wrote:

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response, TerribleToll

Have you been able to get this sorted since your post?

Just to confirm is this occurring with standard text or iMessage?

Cheers,

Corey C

It will be the same issue I reported several weeks ago, which is currently with the 2nd line FMS team.

Thanks for your reply, carl_pearce, That's also what I was thinking that this will likely have gone to FMS as they will have access to mobile networking faults.

Hi @TerribleToll, have you been able to speak with FMS to get this sorted since your post? If not then I'll PM you to get your details and forward your issue to them.

Cheers,

Corey C

What's FMS?

I struggle with having to walk around the house until enough mobile service is reached to collect any texts.

Wifi calling works fine for everything else, but not texts. I think iMessages may be OK as email works just fine.