cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving texts through Wifi Calling

doubter
On our wavelength

I live in an area with no mobile signal. I have recently turned on WiFi calling and can now make and receive mobile phone calls at home. I can send text messages. Unfortunately, I am not receiving text messages sent to me, and those that I know have been sent do not appear when I later enter an area where I get a Virgin Mobile signal. 

My internet is provided by BT. I am using a 4G sim.

Is there a setting that I need to change?

118 REPLIES 118

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Question is do Virgin support text by WiFi Calling?

Not all networks do. I'm Vodafone, they don't Also with 3 who do, so it's not standard across the board. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

doubter
On our wavelength

Yes, it was recently introduced. It works for called and texts out. I'm just not receiving text messages and I'm not sure why.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think somebody made that comment recently.

Seems there may be a problem somewhere 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

raybb3uk
On our wavelength

I'm having the same problem, ported over to Virgin Mobile, can't get texts when on Wifi Calling, works fine when back on Mobile data. Can VM offer any help?

HI raybb3uk, you should still be able to receive texts when on WiFi calling, can you do a network search to see if anything changes? - Chris 

Sorry to jump onto an earlier thread but I am currently having the same issue (not receiving texts via WiFi calling) and wondered if there is a solution to this issue?

Thanks

doubter
On our wavelength
Welcome to the thread - I'm very happy to keep it going since I am no closer to a solution. Do come back and let me know if you find one. it's really irritating that it doesn't work.

I’m pretty sure that there is some issue within Virgin mobile’s system which is causing this problem. I’ve been with EE previously and it worked fine.

SueEO
Joining in

doubter ~

My issue is identical to yours.  Receiving and making WiFi calls is working just fine.  Sending texts also no problem.  But no texts are being received!  The biggest problem is texts for two factor authentication - I can’t sign into the sites which require it as the codes don’t come through!

Virgin - please pull your finger out and fix this!  It’s bad enough living in an area where the signal is poor or no service at all, without adding insult to injury with this as well.