cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification code to set up Virgin Mobile account online

Algorhythm
Joining in

Hello,

This was all prompted when I took a trip to Austria earlier this year. My phone was unable to connect to the mobile networks there in any capacity (no calls, no texts, no data). I saw that roaming had to be enabled in the account but I could not log in so I tried to register, however registering required receiving a text (which was impossible) so I had to wait until I got back home.

Now I have tried again and while I have a strong mobile signal (able to receive 4G data) I am still not receiving any codes and cannot set up my account.

Is anyone able to offer assistance?

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Algorhythm,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having signing up for your online account.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you to see, if we can get this setup for you from our end or at least get the messages to you to be able to confirm your username.

To look into this, I would need to take a few details via private message to enable me to look into this and for you to pass account security.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the email address and all your details over private message @Algorhythm.

I have raised this with our IT support team and it can take up to 5 working days to be fully resolved, I will be in touch to let you know once I have anything back from them.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Algorhythm,

The team have advised me that there was no email address setup on your account, I have now added the email address that you supplied in the private message to your account.

Please could you try to register for your account again and let me know, how it goes? 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

I tried registering again but I am running into the same problem: I input my phone number and I am told that Virgin will send me a code to verify with, but I never receive the message.

I have tried logging in with the email address you have added, but I can't get the right password. I have tried the 'forgotten my password' link and put in the email address and phone number on the next page, but get the error message 'Oops, that wasn't quite right. Please try again'

Thanks for coming back to us @Algorhythm, I have reset your account on our system.

Please could you try to create the account again and let me know, if you have any luck?

Regards,

Steven_L

I still cannot receive a code on my phone when trying to register. I have enough signal strength to use 4G data.

Thanks @Algorhythm, I will report this back to the team and see what we can do going forward.

Regards,

Steven_L

Sorry for the time taken to get back to you @Algorhythm

The team have asked if you can try to register again and note down the time that you try this and let us know as they need dates of times of, when you attempted to register your account and that the sms messages are sent to you. Please supply these via private message.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks @Algorhythm and I will wait till you come back to progress this further.

Regards,

Steven_L