cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls when abroad

davidakos
On our wavelength

I am currently in Greece and cannot receive any incoming calls. I can make calls, send and receive texts and Whatsapp messages. All incoming calls either go to voicemail after saying I am not available or cut off immediately I answer. I desperately  need to receive these calls as I am trying to sort out a health insurance claim. I have spoken to customer services 3 times and they havenot been able to resolve the issue. Please help.

19 REPLIES 19

JoeKing1VM
Superfast

Hi there by the sound of thing's all voice call seem to be diverted to voicemail. Go into you voice mall or diverted settings and check. 

Joe

Thanks, but I do not appear to have any relevant voicemail settings. Apart from anything else I have now lost all mobile data.

The simple expedient of switching the phone on and off seems to have restored the mobile data. Briefly incoming calls could be received but that was only for about 5 minutes.

Hi David,

I have passed this on and awaiting them coming back, it does sound like a issue with the Network, have you tried to turn off roaming then back on then try another manual search?

Regards

Paul.

davidakos
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

I switched roaming on and off and selected Cosmote instead of Wind. It may have worked but although I could hear my wife speaking she could not hear me. Until someone tries to ring me for real I will not know if it is working properly.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Please keep me posted so we know whether or not this needs escalating?

Regards

Paul./

davidakos
On our wavelength

Hi Paul, 

We return to the UK tomorrow, so unless the problem is repeated there I will not know until we return to Greece in the Autumn.

Regards,

Dave

Hopefully it is resolved, it may be worth calling when home so we can make sure everything is OK.

Regards

Paul.

davidakos
On our wavelength

Thanks for all your help. Normality has been restored now we have returned back to the UK.

Is there anything I can do with my account to try and prevent the same thing happening next time we go abroad?

Hi davidakos,

Glad to hear normality has resumed since returning to the UK. We have done a quick check on your account and we can see that everything has been set up correctly for roaming so there should have been no issues, however when roaming this is not always a guarantee.

Currently there is nothing more you can do at this present time to make sure that there will be no more issues in the future.

We have included a help link for roaming here. This will give you some troubleshooting tips, incase this issue arises again.

Kind regards Jodi.