cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls when abroad

davidakos
On our wavelength

I am currently in Greece and cannot receive any incoming calls. I can make calls, send and receive texts and Whatsapp messages. All incoming calls either go to voicemail after saying I am not available or cut off immediately I answer. I desperately  need to receive these calls as I am trying to sort out a health insurance claim. I have spoken to customer services 3 times and they havenot been able to resolve the issue. Please help.

19 REPLIES 19

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @davidakos 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your mobile services.

Are you able to let me know, did you set up roaming before you left the UK? 

Are you able to let me know dose this happen where ever you go or is it in one specific area? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

davidakos
On our wavelength

Roaming was set before I left the UK. I have only noticed the problem in this area of Greece.  I can make calls, receive texts and WhatsApp messages as well as using the phone as a mobile hotspot

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me.

Can you try a manual network search for me? 

I can advise on this if you are unsure how to do it? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

davidakos
On our wavelength

I have already tried this with customer services as well as taking the sim out and cleaning it.

Hi David,

Which country are you in and what network is showing?

Regards

Paul.

Hi David,

I have reset your roaming please make sure roaming is on the phone enable check your network setting are automatic and try again.

Regards

Paul.

davidakos
On our wavelength

Currently, in Greece. Networks available are: Wind Telecom, Cosmote and Vodafone.

I am not permitted to join the Vodafone network and the lack of incoming calls occurs with both Wind and Cosmote.

Wind does however, send calls to voice mail. Cosmote does not.

davidakos
On our wavelength

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for trying but the calls are going to voicemail after saying I am not available

Regards,

Dave

Hi David,

So I can help further and grab some more details I am going to invite you into a private chat I will then reach out to our 2nd line support team.

I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.