Menu
Thewoodyboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving authorisation sms

When Paypal or my bank send authorisation codes via sms, I am no longer receiving them. This is a new iPhone device. Other personal SMS's are being received without a problem.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving authorisation sms

Probably related to this https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/im-not-recieving-sms/m-p/3913467

Last year there were a few posts on this subject and I thought is was sorted.

One for the Admin on here I think

Hopefully they will be along

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Thewoodyboy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving authorisation sms

Well I sent a message to the guy on the above link, but no joy. This is now pretty urgent. I've even had apple support on and changed the iPhone as a result - but guess what, I have the exact same issue with the new phone, so it has to be a carrier issue as first thought. How do I unblock these short code sms's, which are from banks, paypal, google etc? One Virgin customer services person last night told me that unfortunately 'premium' short code sms's are not supported by Virgin... The ones I'm talking about cannot be classed as premium messages - they are essential. Barclays refuse to let me use my new mobile unless I can receive this text on my new device. I'll just have to leave Virgin if nobody answers this. 

0 Kudos