cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving and sending text messages

amandasborgi
Tuning in

Suddenly my phone stopped receiving and sending text messages!

I already checked the wi-fi calling as was reported in other topics, and it still doesn't work...

I can't get any two-factor authentication because of this, so I am locked out of many services I need.

There is no reason for this sudden change as none of my usage conditions changed.

9 REPLIES 9

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amandasborgi,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to receive and send text messages suddenly, that is quite strange. Can you think of anything at all that's changed with your handset or SIM which could have caused this?

Can you please confirm the following so we can advise further:

• The make and model of your handset
  • If you're able to receive/make calls
  • If you're able to use mobile data
  • What happens when you try to send a text/when someone tries to text you

Many thanks

Beth

Nothing changed. And I can use data and make calls normally.

I just don't receive any text message - the person/company send me and I never receive it.

When I try to send it appears with the red exclamation saying it failed.

I am using an iPhone 13 Pro fully updated.

Other info:

- my wifi calling is off

- I have good coverage where I am trying to use

- last text message I received was 04/03/22

Hi amandasborgi,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Just to clarify, is it just SMS messages that you're having problems with rather than iMessage?

Also, as your are using an iPhone, can you please go to the phone settings and ensure that your mobile number is showing there in the correct format?

Have you also tried using your SIM in a different handset to see if that changes anything?

Thank you

Beth

Just text message - imessage works fine.

I don't have other handset to try it but I tried other sim card (different carrier) on this phone and it worked fine so the problem is not with the device.

Right I see, thanks for letting us know. It could either be an issue with the SIM, or how the handset is behaving with the SIM. As nothing seems to have triggered this change it is a strange one. 

Have you noticed if this issue only occurs in a specific location or in all areas? Can you also please try manually selecting your network from your settings? It's best to try this after popping in and out of aeroplane mode

Kind regards 

Beth

Already did all this.

it does not work at all, independent of the area and I checked in Virgin site that the coverage and signal where I am most of the time it is fully working.

I've seen in this forum that this same problem have been reported since 2020 - have you worked out how to fix it?

Otherwise I want to be able to cancel my plan without any fines since the service I pay for it is not being provided.

Thank you for letting us know @amandasborgi

We want to best help regarding this. Just to confirm, can you please go to the phone settings and ensure that your mobile number is showing there in the correct format? You may also find the following link useful https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207006​.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry, Akua, but all of this is not helping at all.

As I already said, I did all the checks, including how the phone number is appearing on my phone.

In this case, to further look into this, I have sent you a private message regarding this. 

Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right-hand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs