Menu
Madchemic37
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving SMS from Slovenian A1 network

Hello. Yesterday I have came across a problem: I can send SMS to Slovenian A1 network, the recipient get them but I don’t receive theirs. Their numbers start with +38640 I have tried other Slovenian network and it works. Receiving and sending messages in the UK works. I have Iphone Xs. What can be the problem? Thank you for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving SMS from Slovenian A1 network

Hi Madchemic37,

Thanks for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. Can you confirm if you are in the UK or not when you are trying to receive these messages please?

Is it just one number you aren't able to receive SMS from? If it is just the one number, please can you check the settings on your handset to double check you haven't accidentally blocked the number trying to text you?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Madchemic37
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am in the UK.

Problem is for multiple numbers in A1 Slovenian network, all start with +38640

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madchemic37, 

Thanks for confirming. 

Have you been able to text any other countries? 

What error message do you get when you send the message? Does it send a blue or green message when your try to send it? 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Madchemic37
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can send messages to them and they turn green as none of recipients have Imessage.

They did reply and send message back to me ( they sent me screenshots), but I never received them.

I tried other Slovenian networks and Netherlands- all works OK.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming. I think we'll need to raise this for investigation so I'll send a PM shortly to confirm some details.

Look for the purple envelope & please get back to me when you can.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
Madchemic37
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Private message sent. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay getting back to you about this Madchemic37. 

We have found that the A1 network are not routing their SMS to us through our HUB. They may be routing through a ‘grey route’, ie. via another (or several other) networks that we have a connection with, however, given that the SMS is not reaching you, it seems more likely that A1 haven’t implemented our IMSI range as per the IR21 process (international interconnection). 

We have contacted A1 to make them aware of this and asked them to implement our ranges and route traffic through the HUB, however, there is no guarantee they will do this. We would recommend asking your friend in Slovenia to contact A1 and ask them to resolve the issue too. 

Unfortunately there's not much else we can do at this stage, but we’ll pass on any updates as we receive them. Hope this helps.

Tom

0 Kudos