cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received unlimited oomph sim

charlenesharp81
Joining in

I had my new Virgin Media Top Oomph Package installed for the first time last week.  All good but I have not received my free SIM card.  I contacted customer service and was told it should arrive by the end of last week but still nothing has arrived.  I am trying to get this matter sorted prior to my 14 day cooling off period.  If this matter cannot be sorted within the next few days for something as simple as this I will cancel my account.  I honestly can’t see what is so difficult when most mobile suppliers ensure SIM cards arrive within 24 hours.

10 REPLIES 10

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Charlene, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to forums 🙂
I am sorry to hear this, our sims are sent 24 hours after a credit check has been done for the sim, after speaking to our mobile team to carry out these checks.

Have you spoken to our team and got your mobile account set up ?

Zoie

Hi
My credit check was done on the 18/6 and I was connected up on the 26/6/21 my contract states that a SIM card is included however after speaking to your team several times no one has resolved.  I shouldn’t have to have another credit check done I am remortgaging my property at the min so I do not want another credit check doing.  Please can someone advise

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply, Charlenesharpe81,

I have located your media account but there is no mobile account attached or at the address. This means no credit check for the mobile has been done, we need to do one for your media and mobile account as they are both separate accounts

Zoie

This issue has still not been resolved, after looking to help on her.  Logging 2 complaints and again I’m on the phone right now to speak to someone to resolve.

you never get called back and anyone that signs up for the unlimited oomph package is mislead as it doesn’t state anywhere when you sign up that this includes 2 credit checks. Which is a nightmare when you are going through a mortgage

Great and to top it off they have just cut the call off after being speaking to them for 40 mins.

Can someone please call me to sort out.  Otherwise social media is a fantastic tool to show true colours of companys

Hi @charlenesharp81,

I'm so sorry to hear that the issue has still not been resolved, I understand how frustrating this must be for you.

If you have reference numbers for your complaints, you will be able to track their progress at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/view

Please allow 28 days to receive a response to a complaint.

Apologies that you feel our Ultimate Oomph! packaging is misleading, I understand that it may not be ideal for you to go through two credit checks when you are applying for a mortgage. We do require one credit check for the media services and one credit check for the mobile services.

Please do keep me posted on how you get on with your call today,

Serena

Oh gosh, @charlenesharp81 I am so sorry to hear that you were disconnected during your call to us. That is not the high standard of service we aim to provide at all.

Unfortunately we will not be able to proceed with your mobile contract without doing another credit check, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Serena

I’m happy to have one done as per my complaint ref - C-2806211539

they have advised to contact the number which I did to sort this, and I would get an apology as well as change to credit file.  So by this it looks like they mean they will remove the 2nd hard search however no one can help.

If it’s not sorted today the entire thing will be cancelled as you are in breach of the contract that I have

Still not received still no one will sort,  used the text service today useless.  What number do I call to cancel everything