Menu
Roger3094
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not getting any help with customer service

Hi All 

Assistance required, i have 2 Virgin sim only contracts, both expire end of this month February.

I want to reduce the cost and data, so was looking to drop to 8gb deal for £8 pounds.This is shown on every compare the market type web sites out there for Virgin deals. To complete the deals you are actually taken to Virgin. 

Due to wanting to keep the same numbers i have called virgin and every time they say they do not have that deal and the cost would be £15 for 8gb

I went through the process and can get the deals if i want, so they are valid deals and i can just do it online. The same way as i did originally.

I noticed though that when i was going to purchase the new sims, it did state that if you are already a virgin customer and wanted to keep the number, then call them.

So my question is, since when i call virgin (3 Times now) they keep stating none of the deals outside the main virgin website is showing are valid - which i know is untrue:

If i buy 2 new sim cards from virgin can i still use the PAC and keep my original phone numbers which are already from virgin, or do i need to leave virgin and go elsewhere.

I just want an easy solution and do not want to be messed around, as it seems at the moment. I have 2 other virgin sims (4 in total), where the contracts are ending in the beginning of March and likewise will be looking to change them so don't need the hassle if i will have to keep going round in circles trying to change them also. 

As a side note, i do not need any subscription tv etc services and am one of those who only have broadband. i do not need anything else. Only stating this, since one of the virgin customer service agents, spent 20 minutes trying to give me a good deal for broadband and lots of extras for £45 pound a month, where when asking he new i was only paying £18 pounds a month, so was wondering how his deal was better then what i had and also i had only phoned up regarding Mobil phone sim deals.

Please advise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not getting any help with customer service

There is not going to be any easy/no fuss way of getting those 3rd party advertised deals 😞

Myself, when the contracts have ended I would PAC out to another network - PAYG or 30day plan, take on the Virgin plans your after (if still available), and then PAC your numbers back onto them.  You can only use a PAC when changing networks/providers.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger3094
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Teabag
Strange system Virgin have, you would think they would want to keep their customers.
For a easy life will just switch mobile provider.
Now of for a cup of tea - sorry i prefer Yorkshire Tea.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
teabag
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Business decisions of deals to get as many new customers in and signed up for the next 12 months. 😞

Excisting customers when out of contract, can sign up for another 12 months with the new standard Virgin plans  https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Windoze9t8
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In November I ported my daughters number to VOXI (part of Vodaphone) 8GB for a £10 for a limited time (19th Feb) and she has never run out of data, thanks to many of the unlimited social media options.

If you have not switched already - consider Voxi via my link for rewards for us both 

https://referme.to/etWgQMo

0 Kudos