Menu
Highlighted
HeronClaire
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not able to use phone

Over the past week, I have been unable to use my mobile unless I am attached to WiFi. I am unable to make and receive calls, unable to send text messages. 

I am unable to make contact with my elderly grandmother, my parents or my daughter.

Can someone please advise!

Kind regards

Claire

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not able to use phone

Hi HeronClaire,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your mobile phone service and for the inconvenience caused.

We recently had a major mobile network outage that has now been fixed. However there may be some customers still being affected by it.

Can you try and reboot your phone and then complete a manual network selection to see if it works?

Please let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
HeronClaire
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately this has not helped. Can you suggest anything else?

Kind regards

Claire

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Claire, 

I'm sorry that the advice we provided didn't fix the problem. 

I have sent you a private message so I can then access your account and carry out some further diagnostics. 

You can access your private messages by clicking on the purple envelop which is located on the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards, 

Dean C 

0 Kudos
Kayls
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It could have been me writing this!! I’ve very recently moved to Virgin after nearly 20 years with Orange/EE and I thought as Virgin piggybacked the EE network, that coverage would be the same. 

Couldn’t have been more wrong. I’ve missed calls away from home (when on WiFi) and I’ve been out and about and unable to make calls or send messages. I have elderly grandparents too, currently one is in hospital and my parents are the other side of the world. So i’m more reliant than most on my phone doing what it should, to keep everyone fully informed. I don’t have a landline so am entirely reliant on it. 

You can’t speak to anyone about it either, 2 nights in a row I waited over half an hour for zero response and the messaging service is very hit and miss. 

I’m minded to leave as I just can’t cope with the sheer unreliability of the network. 

0 Kudos
smorrisby
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lisa_CC

How can you say the recent network fault has been fixed then immediately say "However there may be some customers still being affected by it." That means it has not been fixed!

There has been no mobile service in my area (CO14) for 24 hours now with not a dickiebird from Virgin. Even your network status page does not work!

I really do not see any evidence that Virgin take faults seriously unless the media becomes involved.

0 Kudos