cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add data

Wonderwoman1
Joining in

I changed my phone a month ago, over the last 5 years I have never used all of my data however now it appears to run out after just a few days. 
no idea why as my usage has not changed at all. 
also as I don’t want to be charged £3 a day for going over my limit I tried to add extra data through the app but keep getting the message. Ooooops something went wrong try later. I have been trying for 3hrs now and have had to turn off my mobile data just to be safe. Any help most appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wonderwoman1, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with data since changing your tariff.

Most handsets have a feature within the settings to help identify which apps are using the most data - have you been able to check that on your phone to try and identify what's causing this? 

If the handset settings don't clear things up it may be worth getting back in touch with the mobile teams on 789 to see if they can change your tariff to one with more data to prevent extra costs being incurred going forwards.

You can also set up a spending cap via the mobile Virgin Media Mobile app to prevent unexpected charges too. 

Hope this helps,

Tom.