cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered on Network

JulieM12
Joining in

Yesterday my mobile stopped working for no reason and said 'Not Registered on Network' I took a call in the morning and an hour later it had gone? No Sim Card comes up and emergency calls only.  

I have tried the usual, checked my account, turning on and off, taking out the sim card etc. Any ideas? I tried calling Virgin Mobile number 0345 6000789 from my house phone for support but it rings out? 

Desperate for help as I need my phone for business! 😞 

40 REPLIES 40

yea that would be great if you could send out new sim

Hi Serena, 

This issue has been resolved now however for sometime now I keep getting a notification pop up saying I need to remove my SD card and restart my phone. I have tried doing this a number of times but nothing changes. I'm literally getting notifications every 30 seconds or so. It's very annoying. Also for some unknown reason my alarm doesn't produce any sound anymore. I've changed the settings but it will only vibrate which is unlikely to wake me if I am oncall in the night.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Emmsem,

Thanks for getting back to us. Serena isn't available at the moment, but I would be happy to look into this for you. Could you please confirm the make and model of your phone?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Thanks Laurie, ots a Samsung galaxy FE or SE?

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this!

It sounds like this might be an issue with the phone itself, rather than the SIM. I've had a quick Google, and can see that this webpage may be addressing the error that you are having. Could you try the recommended steps, and let me know how you get on?

Do other notifications make sounds (i.e. calls or texts)? Could you try creating a new alarm, and let me know if the problem persists?

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Good Afternoon, 

I've got the same problem, got my old sim, not a new one, phone was working normally until today .

Need my phone ASAP as I'm away from home, cannot call anyone, even Virgin.

Tried every step mentioned in the comments.

I would appreciate a prompt response, 

Joanna 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, joannalip,

Sorry to hear that you are also having the same message, can you confirm the following:

Are you roaming/travelling?

Have you recently had your SIM card replaced?

Have you tried going into your phone setting to do a network search? Which network comes up for you to choose from?

Our mobile help page is also right here:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile

Let us know if you need further assistance, cheers,

Corey C

Arrived in Jersey, not had a problem before but no calls no texts, SIM not registered! Have done resets, sim out, checked roaming etc etc. No joy. Same problem with my wife's phone too. Need to be able to take and make calls to 89yo Aunt in UK. Help asap please 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DJA

Welcome to our Community Help Forum. Sorry to hear that your SIM is not registered for both you and your wife at the moment, that is not ideal.

Have you tried following these steps on your mobile: settings - > connections - > mobile networks - > network operators - > search networks

Please do let me know what happens after you try this,

Thanks,

Serena

Hi, I'm having the same issue as everyone else on this thread. Can you please help me? Bought 2 devices 3 days ago, and the SIM was activated by rep apparently. Tried the trick with switching mobile networks to no avail. Both SIMs on both devices don't work. Please advise what am I supposed to do? Thanks