cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered on Network

JulieM12
Joining in

Yesterday my mobile stopped working for no reason and said 'Not Registered on Network' I took a call in the morning and an hour later it had gone? No Sim Card comes up and emergency calls only.  

I have tried the usual, checked my account, turning on and off, taking out the sim card etc. Any ideas? I tried calling Virgin Mobile number 0345 6000789 from my house phone for support but it rings out? 

Desperate for help as I need my phone for business! 😞 

40 REPLIES 40

paulchambers061
Problem sorter

Have you tried registering on another network (will fail anyway as you have a vm sim). Then re-register on vm in the hope that will fix it. 

Hi,

Thank you for responding, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, I've looked in the settings and there is no option for choosing a network. Only Wifi. 

settings - > connections - > mobile networks - > network operators - > search networks (or very similar). 

Hi JulieM12,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your mobile saying not registered on network.

I just wanted to check in and see if the information provided by paulchambers061 helped? If not pop back and let us know so we can look into this for you.

Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Hi,

I resolved the issue in the end, it was the SIM card that had randomly just stopped working.  

So for anyone seeing Not Registered on Network and unable to access through > connections > mobile networks > network operators > search networks, (that option disappears when your sim stops working on the Samsung Galaxy S7).  I was sent a new SIM card and all was restored, but it did take a week with no phone 😞 

I am experiencing exactly the same issue, ever since I installed the new VM SIM card. I can't make calls and get the message 'not registered on this network'. I have taken out the SIM card, shut down the phone and rebooted everything, to no avail. The update software info says it's up to date but actually hasn't updated since July 9th. I'm desperate for help. Can't take it to a nearby VM store as the nearest one is an hour away by car/PT.

Hi AlecJane,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your SIM card and I can appreciate you're keen to get this resolved.

It sounds like it's something I'll need to help you with over a private message so I'll send you one now.

Thanks

Melissa 

I am experiencing exactly the same issue, ever since I installed the new VM SIM card. I can't make calls and get the message 'not registered on this network'. I have taken out the SIM card, shut down the phone and rebooted everything.

Hi TrevorSurrey,

Thanks for posting here and welcome.

I'm sorry you're also having problems with your sim card not working. I'd like to help.

Have you been able to test the SIM in another handset at all?

Have you tried a manual network search?

It sounds like this could be a SIM card issue, so I'll pop you a private message just incase you can't test in another handset.

Thanks

Melissa