cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered n Network - USA - No Wifi Calling S10e

Zitter
Joining in

I am in the USA with roaming turned on but no data (having burned through £100 in data as the phone wouldn't connect to the network).

I have checked for updates, restarted the phone, cleaned the sim card, tried to manually register (AT&T and Verizon are available but they stick on 'Registering on...' until I get 'Unable to register'. I am showing 4 bar signal strength but 'Not registered on network'. Please help! I am spending a fortune and but have no telephone access.

On another note, I cannot find wifi calling. There is no Phone in the Samsung folder so the help doc for Android 11 doesn't help. There is no wifi calling in the Phone Settings (or any other menu I can find.) How can I turn on wifi calling on my S10e?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can't find info from Virgin but Vodafone, O2 and EE don't allow WiFi Calling when in a billable country. I suspect they are the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Zitter,

I hope this helps with turning on wifi calling samsung_galaxys10e/enabling_wifi_calling 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can't find info from Virgin but Vodafone, O2 and EE don't allow WiFi Calling when in a billable country. I suspect they are the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks enlli. That would explain why the option doesn't appear in my settings.

If Virgin would help with my network connection issue it wouldn't be such a problem. I am struggling with authentication linked to my phone or I would just get a US sim.

Thank you for saving me from wasting more time!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@enlli wrote:

Correct

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling

Can I use 4G Calling and WiFi Calling abroad?

Afraid not. 4G Calling and WiFi Calling only work in the UK. To find out more about our roaming service, check out our roaming help page.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Many thanks - I don't know how I missed that.

Any ideas on how to facilitate the network registration?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If roaming is on on your device and on the account and all the other steps in the help page here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-roaming-troubleshooting , then I think you're doing all that you can. It may be something that also needs to be checked in Virgin Mobile's system.

If you can use another phone try calling on +44 7458 333 789 during the UK opening hours (8am-9pm Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm Saturday, 8am-6pm Sunday.) - taken from the troubleshooting page

You should also remove the helpful answer you've marked as the forum team will look for unsolved issues above any with answers on them.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own