cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving texts or calls after porting number from EE

RD11
Joining in

I recently switched my mobile from EE to Virgin with the PAC code provided. I received my text from Virgin stating the port had been sucessful last night around 6pm and my old sim card stopped working yesterday as well. The device I have is a Samsung A33.

Since the switch, I've been unable to receive text messages, other than those from Virgin and my partner, who is also on Virgin network, I've confirmed this by asking colleagues and family I know aren't on Virgin to try texting and calling me, none of which I've received. I am able to make outgoing calls and texts and mobile data is working as expected. When calling Virgin support I was asked to give it 24 hours from the time of the text for the port to complete sucesfully, which is reasonable enough and that timeframe has since passed.

My mobile number is used for 2FA, both personally and for work, so this issue is interfering with my ability to do my job, as well as locking me out of some personal accounts. Unfortunately if I'm unable to resolve this I will need to cancel the airtime contract I currently have in place with Virgin.

I've been looking online and in the forums and have already tried the folllowing to resolve the issue:

• Factory resetting the new phone
  • Placing my new sim card into an old device, to rule out a device issue
  • Manually searching for a network operator rather than automatically, and selecting Virgin, I have also selected my old provider and then switched back.
  • Reset the network settings on the mobile
  • Placing the phone into airplane mode and then restarting it
  • Verifying the correct number was selected under 'Chat Features' within the messaging app
  • Turning 'Chat Features' off completely

My phone number is listed as 'unknown' within 'about'. There is no way to manually change this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vkysween
On our wavelength

Exact same issue here and now on DAY 16. 

Same issues with 2FA. 

No one seems to have the answer or able to fix the issue. Just being passed from pillar to post.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your post RD11 👋

I am sorry you have been having some issues since your number port. Thank you for advising on all the steps you have done, I will need to take a closer look into this for you to see what has happened.

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie

penholder6679
Joining in

The exact same thing happened to me and I only realised after around 10 days. Reported it over two weeks ago, kept getting fobbed off with excuses of some technical team looking into it. All in all ended up getting a second sim from another network to tie me over, couldn't risk school or family not being able to get in touch in an emergency. 

I hope your port will go across soon but based on my experience with customer services they are next to useless. They have told me yesterday there's nothing wrong with the port and that an apparent outage in my area that started on the 3rd of February had been the root cause of my issues which I have reported on 17th of January. Go figure.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Penholder6679 👋

I am so sorry for your experience and the issues you have been facing.

I can see another member of the forum is in PM with you.

They will be able to assist with this.

Thanks,

Zoie

Vkysween
On our wavelength

Exact same issue here and now on DAY 16. 

Same issues with 2FA. 

No one seems to have the answer or able to fix the issue. Just being passed from pillar to post.

Carlina
Joining in

I’m having exactly the same issue on my iPhone 14. Received confirmation of my PAC being successful weeks ago. Can’t send or receive calls on my number. Only via the email address registered with my Apple ID. Like someone else said I’m worried about missing important calls Tom school and use this as my work phone also. Need a solution asap or will have to jump ship. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @RD11

Please keep us posted when your new SIM arrives and let us know if you have any issues.

Zoie

Have you found a solution??

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Carlina, 

As advised in the above post we sent out a new SIM. The user will pop back to let us know if this has helped.

If you are having the same issue can you please expand on this? 

Or do you have your own thread dedicated to this so we can best help?

Zoie

Thanks for getting back to me. 
The problem appears to be the same, I switched provider from o2 to Virgin at the start of January, sent my PAC code, and when I inserted my Virgin SIM card received a text to say “Good news! Your PAC code has been confirmed, your contract with your last provider ends 17/01. If you've got any questions, go to www.virginmedia.com/switching” followed by “Great news - we're all done switching, so you're free to get stuck in. Make the most of your mobile at virginmedia.com/mobilewelcome. Welcome aboard!” on January 17th. However my number isn’t working on this sim; people have tried ringing or texting and it’s not getting through, I can only send messages via iMessage (using the associated email address) and under ‘phone’ in settings it’s showing a different number. 
I use my number for work and social so it’s causing a lot of disruption and potentially missed revenue. More pressing if my children’s school tried to contact me they wouldn’t get through. 
Can you please advise on what I ought to do? Thanks