Menu
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 97 no longer working properly since new SIM card inserted

Hello Nathan B, we have communicated before, do you work for Virgin?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I do indeed. 

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 35
Flag for a moderator

So why didn't you ask me for this information months ago when you posted responses to my problem?

p.s. I have sent five letters to Virgin, two of which have been addressed directly to Tom Mockridge

0 Kudos
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 35
Flag for a moderator

It is now 10/01/2019 and I have not had a working mobile phone since June 2018 when I inserted Virgin's purple SIM card and it immediately broke my phone.

Virgin is in denial, saying such a thing couldn't happen BUT IT CAN AND IT DID HAPPEN!

NO WONDER VIRGIN HAS A ONE STAR RATING ON TRUST PILOT (AND CUSTOMERS HAVE TO GIVE A MINIMUM OF ONE STAR IN ORDER TO LEAVE A REVIEW, MANY WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A ZERO RATING).

I HATE VIRGIN!

0 Kudos
enlli
Trouble shooter
Message 25 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Personally, as previously mentioned, I would go along with SIM incompatibility. 

A thought. If the phone was originally bought from Virgin it may well be locked. A SIM from O2/ Vodafone based network should prove this.
The original lock was actually to EE as the old SIM cards were EE based. The new cards are not EE and the phone may be seeing it as a different network

0 Kudos
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 35
Flag for a moderator

In response to Enlli's message, I am wondering how you think what you have written is useful to me.

I have always been with Virgin, even prior to inserting the faulty Virgin purple SIM card.

It is the faulty Virgin purple SIM card that is the problem, that is why there are numerous posts on here regarding these faulty Virgin purple SIM cards.

This faulty Virgin purple SIM card broke my phone (see my original post).

These faulty Virgin purple SIM cards cause phones to freeze, switch on and off randomly etc. etc.

Do you work for Virgin?

0 Kudos
enlli
Trouble shooter
Message 27 of 35
Flag for a moderator

No I don't work for Virgin. Just trying to go through in my mind the sort of things that might cause a problem. Just that we have had lots of posts about the new SIM cards on a number of models an it has come down to the old Virgin locking not working with them.

0 Kudos
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Enlii, if that is the case why is Virgin issuing these faulty Virgin purple SIM cards?

Virgin knew what phone I had as it is on their system (I bought it from one of the Virgin shops).

This faulty Virgin purple SIM card has broken my phone and like I have said before Virgin are in denial over their faulty Virgin purple SIM cards.

I have not had a working mobile phone since June 2018, I have sent numerous letters (9 at the last count) to Virgin but they are not listening to me, what do I do?

I have been a Virgin customer since 2003 and my loyalty counts for nothing with Virgin.

0 Kudos
jw2250
Joining in
Message 29 of 35
Flag for a moderator

My husband has had the same issues 2 days ago with his N95, they have said exactly the same to him. Then someone suggested that the phone wasnt compatible with 4G, but the manager later refuted that and tried to back peddle to get out of admitting liability .  We have even tried to enforce the 14 day cooling off period and it was a new plan for 12 month. however the response we get is the system says NO and asks us to call back on the date the new contract starts to cancel.  Have you managed to get out your contract ?  We have also sent a complaint through via Martin Lewis resolver.  I personally would suggest you esculate your complaint to the Ombudsmen noted in Virgins complaint procedures you upload on here/  Would love to hear more from you.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shelly6, 

Sorry that this is still an on going issue. 

If you have raised this with our complaints team then there will be a record of this. 

I'm keen to take a look at what they have advised, therefore please pop me a personal message and I'll be happy to help. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos