Menu
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 97 no longer working properly since new SIM card inserted

I inserted a new Virgin SIM card today and since then my N97 mobile phone is no longer working properly. Yes, I know it is an old phone but I have never had any problems with it until today when I inserted the new SIM card. I have tried phoning Virgin and they have attempted to fix it, I have done all of the switching on and off and re-inserting the SIM card but even whilst on the phone to Virgin I was cut off because the phone switched itself off mid call several times. It seems to have developed a mind of its own, randomly switching on and off. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 97 no longer working properly since new SIM card inserted

Hi Shelly6,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your handset since getting a new sim.

What issues are you having? You've mentioned the handset turning itself off an on. Is there anything else that is happening? 

If you can let us know, we're here to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Melissa_F

0 Kudos
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa, as I said in my previous message my phone is not working properly, it was fine until the new Virgin SIM was inserted but now it keeps switching itself off. "John" at Virgin Mobile sent me another SIM card to try but it made no difference, my phone has been ruined by Virgin. "John" also promised me that he would call me on another phone to see how the new SIM card was working (or not as is the case) but he failed to do so. I am paying monthly yet I have NO WORKING PHONE, I am extremely disappointed, I have been a Virgin customer (both Mobile and Media) for many many years and to be treated like this is disgusting. Virgin Mobile does not like its users having old phones - FACT! You want us to constantly upgrade even if if that is not what the customer wants. My mobile phone which was working fine for many years has been broken with the insertion of the new Virgin SIM card.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Shelly6, thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm have you followed the instructions on the sim pack to activate the sim?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to see if the sim works in another phone or another sim works in yours?

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I can't go back to using my original Virgin sim because it doesn't work now and I wouldn't risk putting the new sim in another phone given that it has already ruined mine. Put it this way Virgin hasn't exactly pulled all the stops out to help me i.e. they haven't even answered my letter to them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

We would ask these checks are done so we can help to diagnose the issue>

When was this letter sent to the team?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Expecting people to have spare mobile phones lying about the place in order to one day try out a sim card is ridiculous. I'll say it again, there was nothing wrong with my mobile phone prior to my putting in the new Virgin sim card. My letter was sent Signed For 1st Class to Virgin on 02/07/18, it arrived and was signed for on 03/07/18 at 7:21am. On http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... it says "Your letter will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt and we aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days of receipt", I haven't received any acknowledgement thus far.

Shelly6
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

It is 05/08/18 and to date I still have not received any kind of response from Virgin.