cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 8 WiFi calling

llitsbob
Tuning in

When will the Nokia 8 be added to the list of phones that can use WiFi calling?

13 REPLIES 13

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The list is out of date.

Has WiFi Calling been turned on at account level? Worth checking.

As Virgin Mobile is being wound down from next month with customers being transferred to O2 I doubt there will be any moves to add more phone models to WiFi Calling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @llitsbob thanks for your post here in the Community.

Have you checked if WiFI Calling is active on your handset? Please let us know if you have tried this before we proceed.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi

WiFi calling is not available as an option on my phone Settings/Network and Internet/Advanced. I am told that it is because Virgin need to activate it on the which they said they have done but it still does not work.  WiFi calling works on my wife's IPhone 7 which is also on Virgin Mobile.  I also use Virgin for my home broadband and WiFi,

Thanks for coming back to us llitsbob, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message llitsbob.

I have looked into this and WiFi calling has been activated on your account with us, it should already be an active feature on your handset. I have refreshed your network profile, so hopefully that my resolve the issues.  

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Powered the phone on and off but still no settings for WiFi calling.  I assume it must be something to do with the phone.

The phone is a Nokia 8 TA-1012 with Android 9 on it. As far as I can tell it should have the ability for both WiFi calling and voice over LTE.

Thanks for looking at the problem from me.

Bob

You're very welcome llitsbob, I'm just sorry that we cannot find a resolution for you this evening.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi

I now have a Nokia G60 5G and I still do not have WiFi calling.  Could the SIM card be the problem as I am using the same one that I was using in the Nokia 8?

Thanks

Bob

Hi @llitsbob thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I have checked our list of handsets that we support WiFi calling on and regrettably, we still do not support any Nokia handsets whatsoever. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our list of supported devices can be found here.  If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate in reaching out to us.

Regards

Lee_R