cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody can call me on other networks or landlines! Help!

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

hi all

posting this on behalf of my sister who has been on virgin Mobile for years.

issue: All calls from other networks and landline refuse to ring or go to voice mail or connect on her VM number.

We have:

1. tried 2 SIM cards. ( 1 new sent from VM)

2. Tried 2 iPhones (se2)

3. Reset all network settings, Loaded profiles from VM. 

4. driven 10 miles and tried 2 masts both O2. VM customer service state that sim is connected to O2 mast and number is on O2 (not old we or vodafone)

5. changed my number, dial assist, sim applications to manual. 

All fail! We can make calls out and recieve iMessages etc and get calls from other VMobile users. But nothing else. When you dial from a landline there is no message or tone.

having spoken to VM retention, tech, and customer service they refuse to move this up to 2/3rd line support. Contract ends in April 2023 so this is poor and lack of service.

We  need help now. We need this escalated please. 

please assist. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Reece 

as you sent your request for a private message my sister has just received a call from a higher level tech who has explained that her number was an old Vodafone number and it appears that it’s been ‘ghosted’. This is a rare routing issue. 

she is now looking into it and has kindly given my sister a Ticket number for future reference.

may I thank you for this. My only criticism is that it takes several calls and days waiting for sims and a process of elimination before we finally look to be getting to the bottom of the issue. 

myself I love VMedia but do find it very frustrating when customer service won’t change the scripts they are given when plainly it’s a bigger issue than a new SIM card.

perhaps this post may have VM headoffice realise that to keep customers and expand, a better customer service may be needed or a easier way to escalate your issue, rather than moan about it on a forum.

thanks for all your help. I hope this post helps others who may have this rare issue.

🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheRookieGB,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're facing problems with incoming calls on your device and that previous fixes haven't worked. You have mentioned iMessage in your post, for clarity, do you mean you're unable to receive calls via the iMessage service, or through the standard Mobile network?

Can you please try disabling iMessage and see if you receive any incoming calls?

Cheers, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Disabled iMessage:

still nobody can call from other networks or landlines apart from virgin mobile.

when ringing from a landline, there is no ringing, no error message, no voicemail. Nothing.

it’s not iMessage. This works fine until turned off then it’s green sms. 

it’s not receiving calls. This MUST be a routing issue with the mobile number that it’s not recognised by other networks so nothing happens.

need virgin to acknowledge this and stop hanging up in the line after saying they will ask someone else and then line goes dead. It needs 2/3rd line to look at it in more detail please.

as mentioned this is not my number it’s my sister. I work in ICT so it’s easier for me to explain.

thanks, virgin please assist more.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheRookieGB,

Apologies for the confusion, it was just to clarify the problem as you mentioned the calls and texts from iMessage. So we can run further checks on our end, I'm going to drop you a private message.

Please look out for it in the top-right, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reece 

as you sent your request for a private message my sister has just received a call from a higher level tech who has explained that her number was an old Vodafone number and it appears that it’s been ‘ghosted’. This is a rare routing issue. 

she is now looking into it and has kindly given my sister a Ticket number for future reference.

may I thank you for this. My only criticism is that it takes several calls and days waiting for sims and a process of elimination before we finally look to be getting to the bottom of the issue. 

myself I love VMedia but do find it very frustrating when customer service won’t change the scripts they are given when plainly it’s a bigger issue than a new SIM card.

perhaps this post may have VM headoffice realise that to keep customers and expand, a better customer service may be needed or a easier way to escalate your issue, rather than moan about it on a forum.

thanks for all your help. I hope this post helps others who may have this rare issue.

🙂

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheRookieGB,

Thanks for the update on this, I'm glad to hear that one of our 2nd Line Team have reached out to you since your post and has provided you with a Ticket Reference for any future contact.

I completely understand your frustration, however, as per our processes, we do need to go through various diagnostics to provide our 2nd Line Team with as much information as possible.

I'll ensure the feedback is passed on internally so we can identify ways to improve on these processes to create a better experience.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi 

I am the lady my brother is referring to and I received a ticket number but I’m finding it impossible today to get an update on progress 

I am aware we are entering the weekend but been cut off again my virgin and cannot receive incoming calls 

last update was the routing team need to contact the other provider 

can someone assist me please 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Julesmo1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Forums!

I'm really sorry to hear you have been unable to receive an update on this issue. We can most certainly look into the ticket and do our best to assist further. However, if our teams need to contact the other provider, we may be limited in the support we can offer.

I'm going to send you a private message, please look out for it in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi 

this issue is still not fixed 

I was advised 2 days 

have tried to call virgin to get an update and again they just hang up 

please can some advise what is the situation 

my texts are now showing my email address so something is happening 

regards 

Julie

Hi

From my understanding this issue with my Sisters  VM number is that Vodafone has ‘ghosted’ or upset the routing of calls to her Virgin Mobile number. (This was an old Vodafone number many years ago!)

It’s 13.30pm on the 22nd when I post this. VM have requested that this is fixed to Vodafone and the update is that it should be fixed by the 23rd September.

Can this be 100% confirmed that tomorrow (23rd) this massive error with her Mobile number not functioning as it should will be fixed? Can a member of the 2/3rd line VM support team contact the team at Vodafone and confirm this error is being fixed or is scheduled to be fixed fully by the 23rd?

The issue is the level of confidence my sister has with this being fixed. Since it’s been acknowledged that it’s an issue the mobile number has failed during this week to connect to iMessage, work at all and even at time completely fail if even other VM number ring it. Something that was working! Every time this happens you get the opinion that something is being ‘worked on’ but alas within a hour it is back to the same faulty number.

We need answers for this. Replies of ‘it’s out of our hands as it’s with Vodafone’ just don’t help. In the end of the day she pays a contract to VM and this should be honoured, much the same as if she wants to leave now you will charge a early exit fee under her conditions. It’s time to react now, not after 2+ weeks!

This needs to happen today or Tomorrow please with the team at VM and Vodafone working together to sort this. 
Even if this is a rare issue, it must have happened before and can be fixed. Nothing takes days to fix when you can change networks in a day via a PAC code.

Please come back to My sister shown on this forum ASAP (urgent) and private message her to get this rare but annoying issue sorted.

Many thanks. 😎😳👍