cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voice when roaming

sdriver
On our wavelength

When in Spain (Canaries), I encounter same problem on different visits.

Phone works fine, can make calls to anywhere, data is good and I can use WhatsApp no problem. However, when I receive voice calls from certain numbers (local spanish & uk numbers, mobile & landline), I can hear the caller but they cant hear me. So usually they hang up and only by me calling them back am I asked to have the call.

No expert but I think has something to do with the networks and the 5G, 4G, 3G options. Also seems to only occur with other networks than O2 & Virgin. Tested with my Daughters in UK, one on O2 and have no problem, from her mobile and Virgin landline but with the other whose on EE, I am able to replicate the problem. By changing fro 5G to 4G was able to receive a call normally. But when rebooted phone, still in 4G, I couldn't be heard by the next caller calling on a Spanish landline.  Soon as I called them back, it was OK.

Problem never occurs in UK, only in Spain, although not roamed anywhere else recently. 

Very frustrating. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

31 REPLIES 31

Reply from Tom_W on another Forum conversation:

I do apologise for this, this is still being investigated and we'll provides updates as and when we have them.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W

Any updates as Akua_A, Zach_R, Paul_DN, Natalie_L, Steven_L, John_GS, Robert_P and Martin_N are all working on the problem