Menu
Highlighted
Fr2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No sound when calling on iPhone 7

I’m having a really big issue with my iPhone 7 when I’m trying to call or receiving calls from people. I can’t hear a single thing, when During the call- not the beeping before the call gets connected or the person speaking on the other line. They can hear me perfectly fine, but I can’t hear them at all. I even tried calling voicemail and I heard absolutely nothing.

In contrast, all other sounds on my phone work perfectly: videos, music, ringer when typing, alarms, etc.

Im really stumped as to why my phone is like this, since it is obviously not a hardware issue. Since it’s only focused to calls, I feel like it’s a problem with virgin media.

It would be great if someone could help me.

0 Kudos
Demogorgon
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound when calling on iPhone 7

@Fr2000, Try some headphones. If the sound routes through your head phones then you might have a speaker problem. If no sound comes through the headphones either then it's likely software fault and would have to reset your phone.
Alternatively if you can recall recently downloading any app that has permission/access to the phone functions, try removing those first.
0 Kudos
Fr2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound when calling on iPhone 7

Thank you for the reply.

I got my phone checked out for a separate reason with Apple and asked them to check the sound system as well. It seems my phones internal hardware is damaged.

0 Kudos