cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

amykatebaker8
Joining in

Hi, 

I have virgin mobile for my iphone. Since my allowances have refreshed, I constantly have no signal. Every time I turn aeroplane mode on and off, it searches, finds signal for a few moments then goes back to no signal. 

This happens wherever I am so is not location specific. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best, 

Amy

5 REPLIES 5

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi amykatebaker8,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry you are having issues with your network, I have checked and there are no known issues in the area. You can do this for your self here

Have you tried the sim in a different device? Or manually select the network from your settings:

Settings > Mobile data > Network selection 

Is it just in your home, or outside as well you cannot get coverage?

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi Zoie, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have checked for issues in my area and there don't seem to be any.

I haven't tried the sim in another device, I will have a go at that today.

I have gone to network selection, it was selected as automatic. I unchecked that box to see if I could manually look for the network and now there is just a buffering circle next to the 'automatic'

Hope that makes sense. 

Just a note, the signal does sometimes come back every few hours or so but only for a few minutes then drops out again. 

Best, 

Amy

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply, Amy

Yeah I know what you mean when it has the little spinning circle, it sounds like it is having an issue connecting to the network.

Keep us posted on trying a different device, so we can rule out if its your handset

Zoie

I tried it on another handset and it gets signal fine. I then reset my network settings and it's better now but still frequently drops out for hours at a time

Thanks for your reply, amykatebaker8,

If the SIM is fine in another device/phone then it may likely be phone. This could be a setting or an app causing the issue, for which we would recommend a factory reset of the iPhone. If it is the phone itself then we do have an online diagnostic tool to help: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-damaged-mobile-phone

Let us know if you need further assistance, cheers,

Corey C