cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in France

ploppy22
Tuning in

Just come out to France and I have no service as phone will not connect although my daughters virgin mobile will which is on same account.

Have called virgin 3 times helpful and they turned on international roaming  but they cannot resolve Things they asked me to try network reset,phone settings reset,connecting to individual networks in the list turned mobile data on/off/on turned dial assist off ,check mobile roaming. Tried all of the above in different locations. 

At a loss what to do now it’s big of a nightmare being away with no phone any help much appreciated!

Chris 

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can try this. No Guarantee, but sometimes works with iPhones.

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" is selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose International 

You may have to restart the phone

On return set it back to National 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ploppy22,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your services aboard. 

Can you please confirm the full make and model of the handset you're using? And if you have been able to try the suggestion from enlli?

^Martin

Thanks 

This seems to have worked.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear Enlli's suggestion worked for you ploppy22 - thanks for keeping the thread updated. Please let us know if you encounter any more issues.

Tom