Menu
Highlighted
HawkJizbel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No signal in Edinburgh

I moved from EE pay monthly plan to virgin media pay monthly plan around December 2018. Everything went good and well until I had to move to a different city. Since moving to the new place in January 2019, I am getting no signal at my apartment. It’s really frustrating as I get no calls or texts as I work from home. And move over that, I tried to forwards calls onto another number but that doesn’t work either.

I contacted customer support and initially they asked me to manually select the network, reset settings etc. Nothing worked. Then they said that their towers were down and it will all be fixed in 24 hours. 24 hours later, there is still no progress as there is no signal. They then said they will give me a month free as compensation for all the troubles caused but there wasn’t any resolution on the signal problem.

I then submitted a complaint online regarding the issue and a manager contacted me. She said that according to the ofcom signal report, it does say that there is no signal in my area. But all she offered was another month of service free. 

I am planning to leave virgin media as they didn’t provide me the necessary service that was promised and I’m loosing many important phone calls. 

Would anyone know what I can do regarding this issue? Or has anyone had past experience? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal in Edinburgh

@HawkJizbel wrote:

I moved from EE pay monthly plan to virgin media pay monthly plan around December 2018. Everything went good and well until I had to move to a different city. Since moving to the new place in January 2019, I am getting no signal at my apartment. It’s really frustrating as I get no calls or texts as I work from home. And move over that, I tried to forwards calls onto another number but that doesn’t work either.

[snip]

I am planning to leave virgin media as they didn’t provide me the necessary service that was promised and I’m loosing many important phone calls. 

Would anyone know what I can do regarding this issue? Or has anyone had past experience? 

Thanks. 

The first thing to do, is get phones registered to all of the main networks (and by that I mean "the main networks" not MVNO) and try those in your flat. The networks will never give worse service than MVNOs, can sometimes be better - but at least you are then well informed as to which network is best placed to move to.

In the meantime, you can perhaps consider a WiFi-based calling solution.

0 Kudos
HawkJizbel
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Updated:

I managed to talk to Virgin faults team. They initially said it might be a faulty SIM card and they will send me a new SIM card. I said that wouldn’t work as it works else where and don’t think it’s a faulty SIM card. And then they said to cancel the plan, I will have to buy out the plan. I said I’m not willing to pay as I have not received the service I was promised from virgin media and I have been missing many important calls. They then said they will waive the cancellation fees and will provide me the PAC code to move. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI HawkJizbel,

Apologies for the experience you have had with your signal recently. I'm glad you have been able to speak to the team regarding this. 

Has this issue all been resolved now?

If it hasn't, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks Lindsey_C

0 Kudos