cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service or data abroad

F3llsy
Joining in

I am abroad in Hungary and have had no service since I arrived. 
I did not receive any welcome text on arrival and I have tried changing APN settings as well as changing my roaming to manual and international.

I can’t log in to my account because I can’t receive the security code via text and I can’t call because I have no service!

Any help would be great! 

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @F3llsy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your mobile services whilst in Hungary, has anything changed since you last posted?

Did you turn roaming on before or after you left the UK?

Have you tried a manual network search on your device?

Regards,

Steven_L

Still have no service and roaming is always on, and I have tried a manual network search as well as changing the APN settings.

Regards,

F3llsy

Morning F3llsy,

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you’re using an Android phone, please can you do the following: Selects Apps from your home screen > Virgin SIM toolkit > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International. Once this has been done you might need to reboot.

If you’re using an iPhone, please can you do the following: Settings > Phone > SIM Applications > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International. If you’re using a newer iOS, then you it will be under Mobile Data instead of phone. Once this has been done you might need to reboot.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

I have tried this with no luck unfortunately!

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill