Menu
meehill
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No service on new SIM

Hello,

I received a new iPhone XS yesterday on a pay monthly contract. Since putting the sim in there has been a constant 'no service' on the network. Now, I know the network is there because I can see it listed in the available carriers. 

Further, the signal in my area is listed as excellent and I have checked for service outages - there are none. So, I don't know whether the problem is with SIM, device or network.

I've phoned the helpline 3 times and basically been fobbed off. They all said they'd phone back and none did. So I've got a device I can't use, very frustrating!

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Craig

Edit: Tried another SIM in the new phone, worked fine so it's not the device...

0 Kudos
pdl_nsm
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service on new SIM

This is similar in many respects to an ongoing issue with my 14-year-old son's phone. Replacement SIM put in his Nokia 5.1. Virgin and 3 other signals readily recognised by manual scan but choosing it says cannot connect to network, try again later. His old SIM wasn't recognised after Virgin ported my number to his old number when I transferred from Vodafone. They say it's a duff SIM. I have my own theory and it centres around my PAC issues. He's been 5 weeks without a signal now, and its been 3 days now with replacement SIM not working. (It's not his phone either, as my SIM works in his phone.)

0 Kudos