cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service mobile

barkmarrow
Joining in

Over the last week my mobile connection shows 1 bar or no service and I am unable to make or receive any calls.  I have followed all the advice and tips and even reset network settings but no joy.  The network checkers says everything is ok but clearly it is not. This is becoming frustrating as is impacting on my job.  Please assist

12 REPLIES 12

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @barkmarrow,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that your mobile service is dropping.

I located your account, I can not see anything that would be causing an issue with your signal. Is the signal dropping in one place? Or is it in every location you go to? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, mainly when at home.  I have been with virgin mobile for several years and never had a signal problem until recent.  My partner is with virgin mobile and is fine.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @barkmarrow,

Thank you for getting back to me.

If it is mainly happening from your home, then this would be area based. 

When I go to certain peoples home's my signal can also drop, it can happen sometimes. Have you got better signal when you leave the home?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is need for more information. Nearby postcode (shop etc) is useful to check  which cell towers cover your location

Also, is this just one place or all over. If it one place we are looking at signal, all over it may be a phone or SIM fauly

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possible you have been transitioned to Vodafone while you partner is on EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I rarely check signal when out but do not recall a problem.  The phone is most needed at home for work so that is when I notice the problem the most.  Even now as I type the signal is swapping between 1 bar and no signal

That may be but how would I know that and how can problem be resolved

to be completed.

From checking your local area I can confirm there is currently an issue with the mast located closest to you, there are also numerous other masts in the area that are not in use or have maintenance work being completed.

This means that the same number of user's are now currently using fewer masts which may lead to poorer signal and congestion. As the masts are managed and maintained by EE they are responsible for this work 

Rob

Thanks Rob, where did you obtain this information so that I can track the position myself?  Cheers