cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service abroad.

dpallin
Joining in

In Switzerland. 
cannot make or receive calls. Cannot send or read texts. 
I enabled roaming and international calls before leaving uk. I have turned the phone on and off. I have followed all the advice on your site. 
There is moble service here as friends on ee can use their phones. 
how can I get calling to work?

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @dpallin,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your services whilst in Switzerland. 

Have you tried a manual network search to try and connect to a local network?

Are you able to use your data connection?

Do you have any spend caps setup on your account as Switzerland isn't included in roaming with countries that are within the EU?

Regards,

Steven_L

Manually i can see swisscom, sunrise, salt but cannot connect to them. 
Mobile data was working as I was running up costs. It is now disabled and I am using free wifi. 
there shouldn’t be any restrictions on use anywhere. If there are can they be removed?

Thanks for coming back to us @dpallin, I can look further into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Sandrasharp39
Joining in

Hi. I had this recently in Gran Canaria. I called them & they didn’t know why it wasn’t working. Then it suddenly started working. When I got back to the UK I then had no service!! Called them again & it was all to do with settings - I had to switch it back to National from International. I mentioned to the call operator that I shouldn’t have to do this & she says it would probably happen again next time. I explained me husband had the same phone & contract & she was very dismissive & rude. 
I went into Mobile Data, then Sim Applications, Roaming, Select mode, manual then chose National to switch back to the UK (vice versa if you’re abroad) 

Thanks for  your reply. 

the service works then it doesn’t. I have spent several hours a day to try and and sort this. The moderator have admitted it is nothing to do with my set up but it is their network settings.