cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service. Need to order new SIM

oldbagfrom
Joining in

I am abroad. I received a text  from virgin telling me that I would receive a new 5g SIM which had to be activated within 14 days. I rang and was told not to worry, they would cancel the SIM and I could order when I got home. Virgin cut off my phone and now I have no service. They cancelled my new SIM and my old SIM. I am going to UK in 3 weeks. How can I arrange to have a new SIM posted to me so I can use it as soon as I get home?

7 REPLIES 7

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, oldbagfrom,

Sorry to hear that your SIM has been cancelled. Unfortunately there is no way to extend further as this is part of the network migration process since 2017 and it can no longer be extended any further.
We can arrange to have a replacement SIM sent, however keep in mind that the SIM will auto-cancel if not used within 30 days, you may want to wait a little closer to your arrival time before ordering.

Cheers,
Corey C

There are 2 SIMs, one is mine and one is my partners, both on the same account.  We are  travelling to the UK next week so I would like new SIMs dispatched now so that they will be waiting for us when we get home. Can this be arranged please?

Hi @oldbagfrom,

Thanks for your post. I can certainly take a look into seeing if we can get some replacement SIM cards sent out for you, but in order to do so I'm going to need some additional details.

As such, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

How do I see private messages? I don’t see anything.

Hi @oldbagfrom,

There'll be a purple envelope towards the top of the page here on the forums. If you click on that you'll be able to access your private messages.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Can we order new SIM now please.

Hi @oldbagfrom,

Thank you for reaching out to us via private message. To order a replacement SIM card, we need to speak with the account holder.

They can either join the community forums with their own account and speak with us here, or you can find all of our other contact details here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team