cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service Ireland roaming

flynnca
Tuning in

Hi there 

I’ve tried all the suggested solutions but none is working. Landed in Ireland yesterday and no network coverage since. I can’t call virgin as… no network coverage. 
roaming is switched on, international call barring is off, I’ve tried manual / international sim settings and have both switched off and on several times and a reset. 

Same happened in November in France and did not resolve at all until back in uk when the sim settings seemed to work, 

logged into virgin account and all checked my virgin app and seems to be set up ok. 

can anyone help please? 

I have WiFi when inside but no use as I need mobile coverage when out. 

thanks! 

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks so much to @Zach_R and the virgin community forum for sorting out a seemingly impossible problem. It’s taken up loads of your time so I’d just like fl say how grateful I am. Wonderful support! 

Hi @flynnca,

You're more than welcome. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi All
Happened to us July 2022 in France on iPhone SE
I went to simapplications and changed to manual international and hey presto went fron no service to local provider, texts from Virgin and a download of some sort of connection settings.
Worked a treat.
So thanks.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Brilliant stuff Sappermajor,

I'm glad that resolved your issue.

Let us know in the future of any further queries. 

Take care,

Kain