cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service Ireland roaming

flynnca
Tuning in

Hi there 

I’ve tried all the suggested solutions but none is working. Landed in Ireland yesterday and no network coverage since. I can’t call virgin as… no network coverage. 
roaming is switched on, international call barring is off, I’ve tried manual / international sim settings and have both switched off and on several times and a reset. 

Same happened in November in France and did not resolve at all until back in uk when the sim settings seemed to work, 

logged into virgin account and all checked my virgin app and seems to be set up ok. 

can anyone help please? 

I have WiFi when inside but no use as I need mobile coverage when out. 

thanks! 

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @flynnca,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some mobile service issues whilst in Ireland. Did you activate your roaming services at least 24 hours before you left the UK?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zac_R -thanks for replying - my phone is always just set to roaming so I didn’t ‘activate’ anything as I didn’t need to… it is showing as roaming on and has been on always … any clues? 

Hi @flynnca,

Thank you for the prompt response. Can you confirm what model of handset you have, and what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zac_R I have an iPhone 7plus.

so far I have tried 

1) switching phone off and on

2) checking that on mobile data settings mobile data roaming is switched to on 

3) switching network selection from automatic to manual, allowing a search and then selecting one of the Irish mobile networks - it searches and then shows again as ‘no service’ 

4) checking ‘mobile data network’ - apn is showing as ‘gotovirginmobile.uk’

5) in ‘simaplications’ switching from automatic to ‘manual’ and ‘international’ 

6) rebooting phone settings 

not sure what else …. 
Thanks for any help or suggestions… ! 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I notice you say your phone is set to Roaming, but is it turned on in your online account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @flynnca,

Thank you for expanding. I'm sorry to hear that none of those efforts have helped.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to take some extra details and have a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi @enlli thanks for replying… 

I’ve logged in on my virgin mobile app on my phone and roaming is on and international call barring off… 

is there another online account I should be checking? 

thanks again … 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Nope, that's it. Hopefully @Zach_R  can sort it

Only other thing you can do if you haven't is manually selecting a different Irish network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @flynnca,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so we could take a closer look at things.

I'm glad to hear that this has now been addressed and resolved. Apologies again for the inconvenience this cause for you.

If you ever need our help with anything again in the future, feel free to reach back out to us here on the community forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team